★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real Time Data on my Google ad for my game 2048v2

11-22-2014, 06:24 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to 1stSPIN
Real Time Data on my Google ad for my game 2048v2

Today I started an ad on google for my game 2048v2 and as promised I am sharing the results to hopefully add to all of our real time data info to help make better decisions on how to promote our games

This ad was point at IOS player
In 1 hours it got 629,001 views, 2,713 click cost $120.59. I set a budget of $125.00 for the day so might have ended and will continue tomorrow
The download info I will hopefully supply later once my programmer gives it to me.

I just started an ad for Android. Result I will supply tomorrow

The game is on Apple at this link
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id937669142

The game is on iTunes at this link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...stSPIN.V2_2048

If you download the game please post here so that I can deduct that from the final results.

The campaign is a toe testing add campaign to evaluate the results of investing in advertising. I will test various websites and will also supply those results.

This game was introduced on Apple and it had promising results with the little help Apple give all games to give you a 100 or more downloads and the daily player return to the game was good enough to test an ad campaign.

I don't know how to show the ad here, so I will give you the copy

There is a picture of 2048 logo on the left.
Main copy is
In large text: Upgrade - 2 new features
2nd line :Move tiles in 8 directions & Multi Join tiles
Bottom line : Renew your addiction with a faster-smarter 2048

Very simple using the 2048 yellow/ orangel ogo to draw attention and the first line to get them to go to the 2nd line and hopefully to the game.

I will supply more data as I get it.

I hope this helps a bit for those considering advertising.
11-22-2014, 06:31 AM
I just check and this my give some concern.

I set the daily budget for the IOS ad to $125. I then added another ad for Android and set a daily budget for $75.

I just check and the IOS ad has spent $144.25. I booked for 2 days at $125 a day. I paused the ad to find out why it did not stop at $125.00
Total results so far are

747487 views, 3,241 clicks c0st $144.25

Total amount put into the account is $250.00 and the setting for payment is manual. Good thing seeing that they ran over. If some of you know why let me know.

The Android has not started for some reason. I will watch it to make sure it stops at $75.00 and if it goes beyond find out why.

11-22-2014, 07:07 AM
My program told me there are 47 downloads so far for IOS
11-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Just changed setting to USA for target. Before it was world wide. Getting click from some unusual countries. Keep in mind this is toe testing
11-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Just put both ads on pause because the pay amount is higher than the amount input into the order. I am going to sleep and don't want to wake up with a big bill even though mine is a prepaid ad. Tomorrow I will run the android ad for the game and compare results plus I changed the setting for target countries to the USA. Let you know how it works out tomorrow my time which is Hong Kong / China time.
11-22-2014, 10:55 PM
That means about 0.5% of your clicks turn into a download. This seems fairly low however you are pushing a clone in a saturated market so maybe that is good.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
11-23-2014, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
That means about 0.5% of your clicks turn into a download. This seems fairly low however you are pushing a clone in a saturated market so maybe that is good.
So far I am satisfied with Google taking money and supplying immediate response. It is easy to understand why they are such a big powerful machine. When the 1st push started the map started to light up right around the globe.

The product I am pushing is a rebuild of a game that became one of the most addictive games. When I was in Canada I made a lot of money taking products that were successful and trying to make them better. It worked for me with a lottery product which I will make into an app soon, remodeling large homes in prime areas and redesigning iPod case. If you look at my game 2048v2 you will see there are 2 major changes to the way the game is played, I am basing its success on those. I am doing the same with another game and will look to others that have opportunity written on them. Time will tell if my hunch is right. That is the amazing thing about the internet. Once you find a way to expose your wears the final decision rests with the public.
11-23-2014, 08:54 AM
This is about 24 hrs after I started the toe test with google.

Today compared to yesterday the traffic is about 3 times.

I paused the ad yesterday because it went over my limit. Don't know why other than that google cannot stop on a dime.

I started a 2nd toe test ad for android. For some reason that ad is approved but there is no data for impressions. Still don't understand

I also started another toe test ad for another game just released on google play. That game is called pianoTap. I started it this afternoon but the same situation there is no activity.

I deposit money into the account so the account has cash in it. Not sure if I made a mistake in the setting but I believe it is the same setting as I used for IOS.

I will keep you posted. I am check every 15 minutes to see if there is any activity.

What I can say about google so far is when it happens it is very fast. If this can be a method to ignite the viral fire for a game then you can expect results in hours if you have enough cash into the promo
11-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Modifying an existing product can be a road to success. However the 2048 market is full of people who have made minor modifications like yours, I might be wrong, but I find it hard to see it take any foothold to have the viral success you are going for.

I also think as it is not much fun to copy an open source game, make a couple of minor modifications and be proud of what I made.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
11-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Modifying an existing product can be a road to success. However the 2048 market is full of people who have made minor modifications like yours, I might be wrong, but I find it hard to see it take any foothold to have the viral success you are going for.

I also think as it is not much fun to copy an open source game, make a couple of minor modifications and be proud of what I made.
Thank you for the info. You are right if allowing the tiles to move diagonally and multi joining tiles in the direction of the swipe are not new then it will crash and burn.

Steve Jobs modifying Sony's Walkman is what the world is all about.

Original ideas are worth their weight in gold but those are far and few in between the making things better. Do a 360 pan and I am sure that most of the things you will see have gone through many changes trying to make them better to capture the market.

Last edited by 1stSPIN; 11-23-2014 at 09:28 PM.