★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ommas Odyssey is set in a world where the player must battle Omma with skills, wit, and a little luck - beat each level to unlock the next one, but beware, each level is completely different from the last one, each one with its own game, puzzle, or content that you need to figure out on your own. As you progress through the levels, earn cheat codes, share your progress, and learn secrets about Omma's history that are hidden in each level!

The first iOS game that was designed to be played with inverted colors! Click the home button 3 times at any time during the game to play inverted. Learn more about how to invert your iPhone screen colors here: http://tiny.cc/invert

- 20+ unique levels with unlockable secrets!
- A mysterious storyline that you uncover as you progress!
- Hidden levels and fun cheats that can be unlocked!
- Gameplay includes a variety of mini games and puzzles!
- Save and continue your adventure at any time!
- Beat the game for harder difficulties and subtle changes!
- Game Center integration allows you to submit your time!
- No ads or in-app purchases, buy once, enjoy the full game!

You can send suggestions, comments, or concerns to Omma's twitter at: http://twitter.com/OmmasOdyssey

For support, feel free to check out our friendly reddit community:
http://www.reddit.com/r/itstartswithasquare/

Ommas Odyssey, which is an iOS exclusive, is our first attempt to an indie game ever. We hope you love playing it as much as we loved making it! We promise more levels will be added as time permits for the folks who purchase this app as free updates.

Now, venture forth, be on your toes, outwit Omma, and stay classy.

Samantha & David Van Beveren
http://itstartswithasquare.com

All of Omma's music was done by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), an amazing composer, musician, and artist - without him, the atmosphere in Omma's Odyssey would be anything but noteworthy. Thank you Kevin!

davidvanbeveren's comments:
Just a FYI - My wife and I spent over 9 months on this iOS game together, this is our first game of any kind - so any comment, review, suggestion, or even a share, is more than appreciated! Thank you so much!

-------------------------

11-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Hi there,

I bought your game to test it out. Kudos to the music composer. I am still playing through it but had to close it in between games.

My initial comments:

- I was very surprised that the game doesn't auto-save. Coming back and seeing "start new game" when I already had 20 minutes of playtime is very upsetting.

- why do you lose a point score when playing pong and the ball hits the extreme edge of the paddle?

I will keep playing and let you know more.

11-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Just a few more...

- if you hold the save button down in level "twintix" from the start of play, the block goes off-screen and you automatically win after a few seconds

- level 10 "suffocation" - did you intend it to be a button-mashing level? I repeatedly tapped on the screen as fast as I could and I got 600 pts easily. This is the same for the match-two memory card game. Tap the cards as fast as possible for an easy win

- I can't seem to save at all points. Is this intentional? If so, please grey out the save button. Example: tap tap tap (level 11/20). It is entirely possible that I'm not seeing confirmation of my save but since my first save failure experience, I'm a little distrusting of the system.
11-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Just a few more...

- if you hold the save button down in level "twintix" from the start of play, the block goes off-screen and you automatically win after a few seconds

- level 10 "suffocation" - did you intend it to be a button-mashing level? I repeatedly tapped on the screen as fast as I could and I got 600 pts easily. This is the same for the match-two memory card game. Tap the cards as fast as possible for an easy win

- I can't seem to save at all points. Is this intentional? If so, please grey out the save button. Example: tap tap tap (level 11/20). It is entirely possible that I'm not seeing confirmation of my save but since my first save failure experience, I'm a little distrusting of the system.
11-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Hi @Sterling! I apologize for the late response.

1. You can activate Auto Save in the game settings on the home screen by tapping the gear icon and switching on "Auto Save". Perhaps it may be a good idea to have it on by default?

2. Pong was initially too easy to beat, I made it a bit harder by breaking the extreme edges when bouncing. This also makes it harder since you have to hit the ball on the edges in order to get the momentum to beat the computer.

3. I'll check out level twintix - thanks for the report!

4. Yup - button mashing indeed - too easy you say? Let me test again and perhaps make it harder. I have found the cards to be more than just button mashing, but perhaps I can change some things there too?

5. There are a few levels where you can't see it say "Saved successfully" since the text is white and the background in a few levels are white. I'll have to find these levels and fix those - until then, Auto Save is *very* reliable now.

Hope this helps! Could you let me know what you think of the game so far? :-)

David & Samantha
11-29-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm stuck on Level 13 "Oops.."

I took a screenshot of the previous screen and have tried entering the code multiple times. I'm not sure if I'm just making mistakes every time but the code doesn't work.

There isn't much of anything to give me a clue as to what the code could be other than the complex password you provided before. As such, I've given up.

I wouldn't count myself among the smartest of individuals when it comes to puzzle-solving but you've lost the player if it gets to this point.

Suggestions: either give the player a hint or let them move on after multiple failures.

Also, you could promote your webpage (if you have one) by putting a link to it in the "Cheat Codes" button/section.
12-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingware View Post
I'm stuck on Level 13 "Oops.."

I took a screenshot of the previous screen and have tried entering the code multiple times. I'm not sure if I'm just making mistakes every time but the code doesn't work.

There isn't much of anything to give me a clue as to what the code could be other than the complex password you provided before. As such, I've given up.

I wouldn't count myself among the smartest of individuals when it comes to puzzle-solving but you've lost the player if it gets to this point.

Suggestions: either give the player a hint or let them move on after multiple failures.

Also, you could promote your webpage (if you have one) by putting a link to it in the "Cheat Codes" button/section.

Navigate back to where the screen gives you the password and reload that screen, it should give you a new password, then try that. If it doesnt work, send me a private message and I will give you the cheat code to get past that level - apologies, I'm writing all of your suggestions down, and we appreciate them :-)
12-03-2014, 05:37 AM
This does not work. I cannot navigate backwards if I've saved at Level 13. I strongly recommend you playtest all possibilities within gameplay before releasing an update.