★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Outshine
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 105.5 MB
  • Version: 1.5.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: Stealers Steal is a great stealth action game where you play as a thief who is in a quest for gold and who has to constantly evaluate risk and reward in order to retire with the most gold possible.

You will face multiple challenging obstacles that will try to keep you from getting the gold you so desperately seek: doors, cameras, guards, lasers, portals, traps, safes, switches, sensors, remote control panels...

Luckily, you can equip yourself with some amazing and powerful items that will help you in your quest but more importantly, help you avoid getting caught. You can't seem to be able to get past that camera? No problem, use an EMP charge to momentarily disable or you can just use invisibility or may be look for a remote control panel that controls it and shut it down.

Once you retire, you get to upload the amount of gold you achieved to the leaderboard and see how you fare with other players from around the world.

Features include:

- Universal game, play on iPhone and/or iPad
- Ability to save / load game to / from iCloud, start playing on iPad and continue on iPhone.
- 40 highly re-playable and beautiful levels that will challenge you.
- On-screen joystick as well as great & intuitive tilt controls (give tilt controls a chance!).
- 12 items and many ways to approach any situation.
- Beautiful graphics, effects and animations.
- Great atmosphere and a nice soundtrack.
- Integration with Game Center for the retirement gold leaderboard as well as 26 achievements to be earned.
- Social functionality to help you share with friends and family while being rewarded for gold.
- Multiple endings based on how much gold you end up with.
- Well thought out user interface.

Have fun with the game!
Outshine Studio team

younesouhbi's comments:
Hi everyone,

Want to try out a new challenging stealth/action/puzzle game?! Because we have a huge update over here! Stealers Steal is now universal, you can start on iPad and continue on iPhone by syncing your progress to iCloud. 26 new achievements to be earned, 4 new introductory levels along with an overall graphics update and multiple endings based on how well you steal and how much you retire with...

Check out the screenshots below detailing the update.

Blue the light becomes, green it was...

Updated main menu with new share button and social links. You can no longer retire without completing all levels.

The new settings panel adds syncing capability with iCloud.

The updated level selection screen with a new "What to do" button showing the achievements the game offers. The number of levels displayed changes based on whether you play on iPhone or iPad.

26 achievements to be earned.

You can reset achievements when you start a new game if you want to.

4 new introductory levels before jumping to challenging matters!

A new social sharing dialog.

You can now see how much gold you can get out of a level to see if you need to up your game.

Multiple endings based on how much gold you retire with.

Stealers Steal 1.0 Launch trailer

Game guide - Items & Obstacles:
http://i.imgur.com/FIoXHmi.jpg

Thank You
11-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Walkthrough part 1 (SPOILER ALERT!)

11-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Bought the game from the store, since I didn't notice this thread and the promo codes Not a problem though, the game is good and worth its price...

Like it's been mentioned, I thought the controls were weird the 1st time until I accidentally flipped the ipad and then it started to feel intuitive. Otherwise, some levels (eg. lvl 25 & 36) are really challenging to finish let alone get a BO$$ rating and I would love to see a walkthrough or at least some tips that could help

If a few more promo codes are available, I'll be glad to take one or two for a couple of friends
11-25-2014, 04:47 PM
@TheOutlander: Thanks for the kind words TheOutlander. Yes tilt controls take some getting used to but once you do, they're arguably better than any other form of input. We have experimented a lot with it and ended up implementing 2 levels of movement, running is less precise but fast while walking is very precise but slow. One can toggle between the two (tap anywhere) in order to have full control of movement.

Thank You!
11-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younesouhbi View Post
@TheOutlander: Thanks for the kind words TheOutlander. Yes tilt controls take some getting used to but once you do, they're arguably better than any other form of input. We have experimented a lot with it and ended up implementing 2 levels of movement, running is less precise but fast while walking is very precise but slow. One can toggle between the two (tap anywhere) in order to have full control of movement.

Thank You!
There are some people (myself included) that cant stand tilt control and even if the controls were 100% perfectly designed, would still turn me off of a game. I will give my impressions later though as unbiased as I can.

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.
11-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Will have to try later. I redeemed it on a computer and for some reason cant see it in my purchase history to DL it on my phone.

*edit*
LOL. Possibly because its iPad only, which I didnt see.

Will put it on my ipad once I get home

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.
11-25-2014, 10:33 PM
@RedSamurai: Thanks for purchasing the game! I hope you enjoyed it. Please note that we intend to support it with new levels and improvements. We will also announce a contest soon so keep the gold you got, it might bring you real money

@Xexist: Thanks for giving it a try. Just please make sure you play it landscape left (home button on the left) to avoid a nasty bug. A version with fixed controls is in review and will hopefully be available soon. As for tilt controls, we will look at implementing an on-screen joystick in addition to the tilt controls so that everyone can have their pick. Thank you!
11-26-2014, 04:30 PM
A new update is live!

We have a new update live that forces the landscape left so that the controls work as expected. Apple was kind enough to expedite the review.

Knowing the apparently bad reputation of tilt controls that we were not aware of, if a user started the game on landscape right, he or she would end up with horrible & reversed controls, some would just assume that tilt controls are always horrible and would find a validating example, when actually he or she is facing a bug but wouldn't necessarily think of flipping the iPad.

Forcing landscape left is a quick fix and we are working on integrating an on screen joystick so please do not give up on our game just yet! We think and hope you will love it once you get a hold of the controls, tilt or joystick.

The update should be live early next week.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to try it out!

Last edited by younesouhbi; 11-26-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Missing word
11-27-2014, 02:44 PM
New promo codes available here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...29#post3415029

Also, Stealers Steal is $0.99 until December 1st 2014! Don't miss it!

Cheers
11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
A new update is coming!

Hi everyone,

A new update is coming next week with an on-screen joystick for those who do not like tilt controls. Below are some screenshots of how it's going to be like:

The new "Settings" menu item displays a dialog where you can choose your preferred control mode: Tilt (default) or Joystick. If you choose the joystick, you'll have the option to place it where it would be most comfortable to you (you can have it left or right).

Until the update is live, try to get as much gold as you can. A contest will be announced soon where the top 5 thieves will be rewarded!

Happy hunting!