★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Liwei Yin
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 186.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: You'll want to download the game as soon as it becomes available, dont miss it. - Pocket Gamer

"Dynasty of Dungeonsis not for the faint of heart. Becoming the true Overlord of Edenia will require strength, wits, and a winning mentality." - Gamezebo

An OUTSTANDING 3D turn-based STRATEGY ARPG.
Give you a BRAND NEW EXPERIENCE of Dungeons.

************GAME FEATURES************
Full 3D characters and legions of demons for you to command
Choose your war path freely and enlist your conquered foes
Endlesscombinations of ability promote deep strategy
Turn-based tactical battle that relies on sharp wit
Lots of benefits: Daily login gifts and free pack of gifts for noviciates
Conquer other playersall over the world in the PVP Arena

************BACKGROUND STORY************
The continent of Edenia, created long ago by [Dubhe] the World Spirit, has plunged into chaos. Demons of the flaming abyss lie in wait, souls of the ancient dead are reborn under a dark shadow, savage orc hordes stampede through the wilds...Order cannot be restored by a herothis world needs a tyrant!

*************PLEASE NOTE*************
This is an ONLINE game. Please make sure you have connected to Cellular Data or Wifi before you play.
This game is free to play but you can purchase some items in it with real currency. However, this is not essential to get a perfect game experience.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DynastyofDungeons
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DynastyofDungeons

Customer Service: cs.dod@playcrab.com
Privacy Policy: http://www.playdod.com/policy/policy.htm

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 185 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Dynasty of Dungeons: 2014 CAPS THE YEAR WITH A VISUAL FEAST!

An OUTSTANDING 3D turn-based STRATEGY ARPG.
Give you a BRAND NEW EXPERIENCE of Dungeons.

************GAME FEATURES************
Full 3D characters and legions of demons for you to command
Choose your war path freely and enlist your conquered foes
Endlesscombinations of ability promote deep strategy
Turn-based tactical battle that relies on sharp wit
Lots of benefits: Daily login gifts and free pack of gifts for noviciates
Conquer other playersall over the world in the PVP Arena

************BACKGROUND STORY************
The continent of Edenia, created long ago by [Dubhe] the World Spirit, has plunged into chaos. Demons of the flaming abyss lie in wait, souls of the ancient dead are reborn under a dark shadow, savage orc hordes stampede through the wilds...Order cannot be restored by a herothis world needs a tyrant!

*************PLEASE NOTE*************
This is an ONLINE game. Please make sure you have connected to Cellular Data or Wifi before you play.
This game is free to play but you can purchase some items in it with real currency. However, this is not essential to get a perfect game experience.

Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DynastyofDungeons
Customer Service: cs.dod@playcrab.com

Privacy Policy: http://www.playdod.com/policy/policy.htm
iPhone Screenshots

11-26-2014, 07:45 AM
Game Impressions

11-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Looks good, but that icon on the top right smells like timers.
11-26-2014, 08:30 AM
11-28-2014, 12:06 AM
This looks mad good! Downloading now. Will play it in the A.M and leave impressions than (:
11-28-2014, 04:53 AM
Game Impressions

Dynasty of Dungeons Gameplay

11-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Enjoying the game a fair bit, but I've kinda hit a wall. I'm in the Unicorn Marsh, the "Horn and Bone" battle and it's an unprecedented difficulty spike. I did the other fork all the way through, and it's the only place left I can go.

I'm Lvl 16, and everything until this point had been fairly easy besides the Tower and Arena. In this battle though, both bosses 1 shot almost every member of my party? 700+ damage. One of them hits a whole row with his special. The other heals 500 damage. They have really high DEF and I can only do 50-100 damage a hit, even with specials, while I'm generally doing 300-1k to regular enemies. I haven't managed to even take one to 80% health before getting wiped.

Doesn't seem normal? Whole team is almost fully "trained", spent stars, upgraded equipment, multiple Skill Levels, and a couple evolves. Feels like there's nothing I can do.

Last edited by Dekar; 11-29-2014 at 05:12 PM.
11-29-2014, 06:37 PM
I played this for a couple of days, deleted it after finding insufficient depth to strategy or tactics in battle. The combat, which is the meat of the game, is basically Brave Frontier presented in 3D with a behind the team perspective.

It does differentiate itself in not having the randomized spins for gaining units, rather they are gotten from progressing through the various map zones and/or the challenge levels that become available once you beat all the locations. Kudos to bucking the trend with that part, but, of course, that just means that upgrading and improving elements is an endless series of complex item gathering you can always speed up with IAP.

Most of the dialog has clearly been done by a good translator and only a few misspellings remain, mostly on the map locations.

Graphics are less impressive with extremely low res textures mapped onto the rather low poly models. For the monsters and armored characters, it's not so bad, but on the ones with human faces it seems unpolished to me. Probably not so noticeable on an older iPhone, but on my mini retina or a new, larger iPhone, quite jarring and ugly.

So, if you're willing to embark on yet another "collect and fight" game, and weren't, like me, turned off at discovering the combat is basically Brave Frontier, it's probably worth a try to see if it makes you any happier than it did me.

Game Center : "Chip H."
11-30-2014, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Enjoying the game a fair bit, but I've kinda hit a wall. I'm in the Unicorn Marsh, the "Horn and Bone" battle and it's an unprecedented difficulty spike.
This appears to be a bug. Like you I've been enjoying the game a lot, and like you I hit a wall in Unicorn Marsh (although on the "A Sinister Breeze" battle).

It seems the necromancer boss in both battles can sometimes go wrong, becoming far too powerful and staying strong even when reset. I know of at least one more person having the same problem in another battle with that same boss, and 2 people complaining of a similar issue on the DoD Facebook page.

Hopefully a fix will come soon, but probably faster if we all message the developers with bug reports.

To anyone interested in the game, it really is good! Once this issue is fixed it should be easy to recommend it. Nice progression and ream customization, lots of free premium currency (and all the things you buy with it). Play is limited by timers, but there is no paywall. Just an annoying bugged boss wall that will hopefully be fixed.

Last edited by ThirdMoon; 11-30-2014 at 03:58 AM.
11-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMoon View Post
This appears to be a bug. Like you I've been enjoying the game a lot, and like you I hit a wall in Unicorn Marsh (although on the "A Sinister Breeze" battle).

It seems the necromancer boss in both battles can sometimes go wrong, becoming far too powerful and staying strong even when reset. I know of at least one more person having the same problem in another battle with that same boss, and 2 people complaining of a similar issue on the DoD Facebook page.
Ah alright, glad it's not just me and hopefully not intended at any rate. I did notice something was up with the Necromancer, but managed to squeeze by that battle. I gained 4 levels, evolved my whole team, and managed to beat the boss I was stuck at... Only to find the 3rd boss battle in the map puts the brokenness of the 2nd to shame. So I'm done until it's patched, ha

Besides that though I definitely recommend the game also. There unfortunately are a ton of timers, but it's got a bunch of decent mechanics and no gacha machine. Having preset non-random characters has made this a lot more enjoyable to me than other similar games.