★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Richard Garfield, Game Designer (Magic: The Gathering, King Of Tokyo) says, "It is terrific to be able to play Trouble With Robots again - it is overdue for iOS. It surprised me that it still feels unlike anything else I have played, I would have expected some other game developers to use this obviously good game formula to make a bunch of exciting new games. I hope that it gets the success and attention it deserves - and inspires the new games which >I< deserve!"

Shaun Musgrave, Toucharcade.com says, "I enjoyed it just on its cheeky attitude alone, with the surprising depth of the gameplay at higher levels proving to be the icing on the cake. If you give it a try, it will probably win you over the same way."

Introducing TROUBLE WITH ROBOTS, a classic fusion between action and strategy! Build the perfect deck in this collectible card game!

Apply direct damage, buff your allies, weaken your foes, and come up with your own strategies as you earn stronger cards!
---------------------
ADVENTURE through 26 storyline levels and 6 very difficult challenge levels
CUSTOMIZE your deck for each unique level
COLLECT over 40 cards consisting of creature summon, healing, strengthening, direct damage, and other spells
UNLOCK levels and modes to add a new experiences and tons of replay value
CONQUER challenges and reap the rewards

Collect the most powerful cards and create the ultimate deck to dominate on the battlefield. Become a part of our simultaneously epic and hilarious tale as two opposing forces clash in all out war!

We'd like to thank you for playing our game!

Keep up to date on all things Trouble With Robots and Art Castle:
Twitter: @ArtCastleHK
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ArtCastleHK
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ArtCastleHK
www.Play-Asia.com

Eli's comments:

Trouble With Robots

Play-Asia.com
Genres: Games Card Strategy
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Introducing TROUBLE WITH ROBOTS, a classic fusion between action and strategy! Build the perfect deck in this collectible card game!

Apply direct damage, buff your allies, weaken your foes, and come up with your own strategies as you earn stronger cards!
---------------------
ADVENTURE through 26 storyline levels and 6 very difficult challenge levels
CUSTOMIZE your deck for each unique level
COLLECT over 40 cards consisting of creature summon, healing, strengthening, direct damage, and other spells
UNLOCK levels and modes to add a new experiences and tons of replay value
CONQUER challenges and reap the rewards

Collect the most powerful cards and create the ultimate deck to dominate on the battlefield. Become a part of our simultaneously epic and hilarious tale as two opposing forces clash in all out war!

We'd like to thank you for playing our game!

Keep up to date on all things Trouble With Robots and Art Castle:
Twitter: @ArtCastleHK
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ArtCastleHK
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ArtCastleHK
www.Play-Asia.com

Supported Devices:

• iPad23G
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPodTouchourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4
  • iPadWifi
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPad3G
  • iPhone4S

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 4.3

Download Size: 59.3MB

11-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Been looking forward to playing this.

11-26-2014, 10:53 AM
i'm playing it now... really wonderful!!!
11-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Definitely curious about the IAP mechanics. Like does it have card battling elements where you collect and level/evolve units, or is it more like Metal Slug Defense that's more progression based with upgrades, or alternatively more like Calculords with deck unlocks?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Game Impressions

11-26-2014, 12:25 PM
wow, Playasia.com? I used to buy games and strat guides from these guys. Didn't know they're into game publishing / development now.
11-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh play Asia? Now that's surprising.

Does anyone know if this can be played offline? Thanks!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
11-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Oh play Asia? Now that's surprising.

Does anyone know if this can be played offline? Thanks!
it's offline and don't see any IAP, really good stuff!

http://artcastle.hk/index.php?id=17
11-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Hey guys. I'm Ed, the primary developer working on bringing Trouble With Robots to mobile.

The IAP is only to unlock more game content. The game is very storyline driven, and there are "chapters" that can be unlocked via IAP. Those are under the UPGRADES menu.

Go download it ASAP, though. As the game is coming out on Thanksgiving (at least where I am in the US), we're in a festive mood and have set the IAP to $0 for the holiday. If you like the game, PLEASE rate it on the iTunes App Store. I would really appreciate that.

Otherwise, feel free to ask anything about the game here. I'll try to answer whatever I can.
11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor View Post
Hey guys. I'm Ed, the primary developer working on bringing Trouble With Robots to mobile...

Otherwise, feel free to ask anything about the game here. I'll try to answer whatever I can.
hi Ed, i'm at Misty Peak on hard and can say that your game is really good, great art, well balanced (robots are tough enough on Peaks, i'm trying to figure out the best cards to deploy) and an awesome set of cards with a really good effect on the battleground... congrats!