★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Experience explosive retro arcade action tailored exclusively for the 21st century touch screen! Jump in to your heavily-armored war machine and face off against an army of foes from both land and air. Navigate rolling terrain and lob projectiles at oncoming threats with nothing more than the simple touch of a finger. Do you have what it takes to be TOP TANK?

Features:

One-touch control - Hold to aim, release to fire
Collect and deploy devastating power-ups
Win and unlock six unique tanks, each with their own special perk!
Thirteen achievements to unlock
Seven locales, each featuring unique graphics and original soundtrack
Battle your friends for high score supremacy on Game Center
Track your progress through lifetime stats

FunFetched's comments:
Watch the trailer

11-28-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm on the road, so I could not make a proper thread. Has anyone played this game I've never even heard of it apparently it's brand-new.

11-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Nice find Rich! Looks pretty cool. I'll probably pick it up when I get home.
11-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Nice find Rich! I'll check it out and try to leave a little something later.
Yep, I'm going to pick it up too,it looks pretty fun, and there are no in app purchases so that's pretty cool.
11-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Sorry for the double post. Just a note two of the three reviews on the US appstore say it crashes.

I'm still going to buy it, just wanted to give a heads up.
11-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Sorry for the double post. Just a note two of the three reviews on the US appstore say it crashes.

I'm still going to buy it, just wanted to give a heads up.
Thanks. I'll still get anyway. Hopefully I don't have any probs.
11-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Ok, so upon loading Top Tank the first time it did crash, however, I simply reopened the app and it plays every time.

This is a fun game. Well worth my dollar for admission. The one touch control works flawlessly and the gameplay mechanics are pretty fun. This isn't probably a game you'll play for hours on end (maybe you will?), it is just a quick little high-scorer.
11-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Ok, so upon loading Top Tank the first time it did crash, however, I simply reopened the app and it plays every time.

This is a fun game. Well worth my dollar for admission. The one touch control works flawlessly and the gameplay mechanics are pretty fun. This isn't probably a game you'll play for hours on end (maybe you will?), it is just a quick little high-scorer.
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping it would have some kind of upgrade system or new tanks and missions. I'm not a big high score chaser, but I picked it up anyway. Downloading now.
11-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping it would have some kind of upgrade system or new tanks and missions. I'm not a big high score chaser, but I picked it up anyway. Downloading now.
It's just power-ups and combos, my language
11-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm Josh Langley, founder of Fun Fetched. Just wanted to say thanks for checking out the game, and also wanted to address the crashing issue a few are experiencing, as there is a quick work-around until the update hits the store.

It's Game Center related, so if you run the game in Airplane mode, log out of Game Center, or otherwise disable the game's ability to access it, it'll run every time.

Update 1.0.1 addresses this issue and will be available as soon as it passes review!