★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Maximum Overdrive

11-30-2014, 07:03 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Maximum Overdrive

Hi TA members...

I just wanted to share our latest game with you guys, and hopefully get some feedback once it goes live on the app store. (Hopefully this week)

The game is called Maximum Overdrive and its a Monster Truck shoot em up.

Here are some promo screens to show you what it's all about.











We have a small teaser video posted as well... http://youtu.be/a1P15RhZXfM

Hope you guys check it out. Also any feedback is greatly appreciated
11-30-2014, 02:37 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,198
Woah! Im loving the car physics! And im a huge fan of cel shaded graphic style!

I hope this plays as good as it looks.

Im hoping this is going to be a premium title, but i know it wont be.

11-30-2014, 02:41 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,705
I tested it and what was available to me was pretty good though not finished at the time

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
12-01-2014, 08:17 AM
#4
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Woah! Im loving the car physics! And im a huge fan of cel shaded graphic style!

I hope this plays as good as it looks.

Im hoping this is going to be a premium title, but i know it wont be.

As for a premium title... you're right, this is not a premium game.
It's a free to play game made by an independent crew
.
Either way, we still hope you check it out and give it a go.
12-01-2014, 12:33 PM
#5
Looks pretty good, Warm Gunner.

I like the general style of the vehicles and the overall environment. Nice feel on the physics fluidity too.

My only critique on the promo video is that it seems to focus a lot on jumps. You might want to consider adding more cuts of the PvP collisions, variety of weapons used, etc.
12-01-2014, 01:27 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNinjaGames View Post
Looks pretty good, Warm Gunner.

I like the general style of the vehicles and the overall environment. Nice feel on the physics fluidity too.

My only critique on the promo video is that it seems to focus a lot on jumps. You might want to consider adding more cuts of the PvP collisions, variety of weapons used, etc.
Thanks for the feedback. It's a good suggestion for sure. We will try and make some more videos showing the various weapons and trucks in the near future.
12-11-2014, 03:09 AM
#7
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Today we are happy to announce the release of our game Maximum Overdrive.
It's a free to play app so please take a look and leave us some feedback.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/maximum-overdrive/id829946838?mt=8

Hope you guys dig it
12-11-2014, 03:22 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Gunner View Post
Today we are happy to announce the release of our game Maximum Overdrive.
It's a free to play app so please take a look and leave us some feedback.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/maximum-overdrive/id829946838?mt=8

Hope you guys dig it
Awesome, am downloading now and will post a release thread in the general forums
12-11-2014, 03:43 AM
#9
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Awesome Thanks so much. Cheers!