★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

TD Games with Heroes (like KR, OttTD

12-01-2014, 12:30 PM
TD Games with Heroes (like KR, OttTD

Preferably with more than 1 hero controlable, like OttTD.

Crystal Siege is good too but it only has 1 hero like KR.
I also saw Defender Chronicles II and didn't llike the vertical style.

Any others i should try? TD with 1 or more heroes controllable.
12-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Quick bump, nothing? No suggestions beyond those 3 games? with 250 views and no replies yet...

12-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Don't really think there are any. Honestly just play all 3 KR games and call it good.
12-02-2014, 04:06 PM
allright, thanks for the reply.
12-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
Quick bump, nothing? No suggestions beyond those 3 games? with 250 views and no replies yet...
Sentinel 3 & 4 both have a hero-like commander character which you level up and move from gate to gate for defense. And Pirate Legends TD has heroes, though they don't block, they're all flying heroes. Also worth mentioning is Tower Dwellers, though there's no hero, the entire game is made up of barracks towers, so you're doing plenty of positioning and repositioning. And last but not least, another game with no heroes but plenty of RTS qualities, is Man at Arms TD. It'll scratch that Kingdom Rush itch, though without a hero.

In the end though, the best hero TD games I've played have been the 3 Kingdom Rush games, Crystal Siege, and OTTTD. Though in my opinion all the games I've mentioned have better core TD mechanics then OTTD. But are nowhere near the Kingdom Rush games.
12-03-2014, 02:59 AM
We are completely agreed on this Jake. Sentinel 4 was my option after crystal siege, but Pirate Legends td looks interesting! i like the fantasy/ pirate theme with heroes, but the free with iaps model makes me wary. Have you played it, and how "free" is it?
12-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
We are completely agreed on this Jake. Sentinel 4 was my option after crystal siege, but Pirate Legends td looks interesting! i like the fantasy/ pirate theme with heroes, but the free with iaps model makes me wary. Have you played it, and how "free" is it?
I have beat Pirate Legends TD multiple times without any IAP. It plays like Kingdom Rush over water. But I did buy it back when it was a premium game, and the difficulty has been nudged slightly to encourage the purchase of a premium hero. It's still a very beatable game, but the for free you only get one hero (the weakest). Though I found the cheapest hero ($1) to be a big upgrade from the included hero. So if you don't mind spending the buck, it's definitely worth playing. I've beaten it with the base hero as well, though it might require some power-ups, which are done almost identically to Kingdom Rush. With Toes being rewarded instead of Gems. But there are no freemium timers, multiple currencies, or paywalls to worry about.
12-03-2014, 08:32 PM
I must admit I really do hate TD games, but what you're describing sounds an awful lot like Bug Heroes 2, which I most definitely do not hate.
12-04-2014, 02:45 AM
i wouldn't mind spending a buck for a hero, but so far this one (the free) all i can do with him is point a direction on the map and he flies over, leaves the screen, comes back in some seconds. I didn't like this at all. Is this how the others handle?

Bug Heroes 2 is more like Heroes and Castles, right? That game was great too (waiting for H&C2).
12-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Bug Heroes 2 is great. Definitely worth a purchase