★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Geo-Byte Welcome to the Data-Maze.

I am Geo-Byte the data processing machine. My goal is to process all the bytes before the viruses cause a complete system failure.

* Collect all the Bytes
* Delete all the Viruses
* Master the Data-Maze
* Advance through the Levels
* Compare your scores online

Two Different Control Options:
1. On screen D-pad
2. Touch and drag to move in the desired direction(or swipe)

ezraanderson's comments:
Game Trailer

Game Playthrough

I made this because I needed to have a better understanding of Grid-based AI. This basic AI system is being implemented in a much bigger game.

iPhone & Ipad

1. PKX6RF9796L4
8. 443767W6EWXA

12-01-2014, 05:21 PM
H67KYLLPRP3K taken...

thanks a lot!

12-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Ezra, welcome to the forum! I appreciate the behind-the-scenes introductory video you posted. To be honest, I did think this was another Pac-Man riff but after listening to your insightful vid, I can tell it is something more and became interested in the gameplay given the source inspiration. In fact, I Googled the topic immediately afterwards. I wish you the best and look forward to the meta-version this game will evolve into in the future.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
12-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Thank you!!!!
12-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Taken JM94TWYJKAAA. Thanks!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-02-2014, 09:16 AM
9JWHNRKTMY7M. Thank you.

I do like the simplicity of this one, although, the controls are very difficult and the 'chance' to get out of a corner is not there.

If you are looking to put this in a bigger game, it is something I think you should look at.
12-02-2014, 04:17 PM

The controls, I recommend not using the D-pad, put your finger on the screen and move it in the direction you want to go. The game was built in about a week for the OUYA, which uses a game pad. It also plays the best on iPad because the game was designed at 720p, and it feels a little cramp on smaller screens.

The corners, true, I tend to do big loops of the map then dash for the corners.

@ColeDaddy, Cheers. Even thought Geo-Byte is very simplistic by today's gaming standards. Its severed it purpose for to me. From a programming perspective, it Helped me achieve a better understand of AI, it was also designed with only 2 meshs of GL_POINTS, one dynamic mesh for effects which gets updated every frame, and one static mesh for the walls which is update once on the game load. Geo-byte is also something I am proud of because of how quickly I was to develop a small entertaining game.

The bigger game. I have been working on for the past couple of years is called "Dead Dark" . It has become a bit overwhelming. I was having an issues managing +100 monsters AI. So I want to divide the AI in to 2 queues, the off-screen queue which updates one monster per frame by simple grid based AI. The on-screen queue which updates all monsters on the screen every frame. This should help make my game loop faster and also allow better distributing and handling of the monsters.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by ezraanderson; 12-02-2014 at 04:55 PM.
12-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Thank you for the promo code from earlier. So far the game looks fun however I'm having a very difficult time with the controls. I tried both types of controls but they both don't seem to work that well for me. The main problem is trying to go do a turn between two columns in the middle. I played the first level about 10 times and I can't beat it. I always die trying to go to the center to get the yellow ring but I can't make it because of the controls.