★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Geo-Byte Welcome to the Data-Maze.

I am Geo-Byte the data processing machine. My goal is to process all the bytes before the viruses cause a complete system failure.

* Collect all the Bytes
* Delete all the Viruses
* Master the Data-Maze
* Advance through the Levels
* Compare your scores online

Two Different Control Options:
1. On screen D-pad
2. Touch and drag to move in the desired direction(or swipe)

ezraanderson's comments:
Game Trailer

Game Playthrough

I made this because I needed to have a better understanding of Grid-based AI. This basic AI system is being implemented in a much bigger game.

iPhone & Ipad
Android

Codes:
1. PKX6RF9796L4
2. LYPLMR6PRLNN
3. JMFW3L4MK6EX
4. TNHWWTTNHPTM
5. H67KYLLPRP3K
6. MENLL6J4YKHM
7. PL436T4PEXYL
8. 443767W6EWXA
9. JM94TWYJKAAA
10. 9JWHNRKTMY7M

OUYA
12-01-2014, 05:21 PM
H67KYLLPRP3K taken...

thanks a lot!

12-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Ezra, welcome to the forum! I appreciate the behind-the-scenes introductory video you posted. To be honest, I did think this was another Pac-Man riff but after listening to your insightful vid, I can tell it is something more and became interested in the gameplay given the source inspiration. In fact, I Googled the topic immediately afterwards. I wish you the best and look forward to the meta-version this game will evolve into in the future.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Thank you!!!!
LYPLMR6PRLNN
12-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Taken JM94TWYJKAAA. Thanks!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-02-2014, 09:16 AM
9JWHNRKTMY7M. Thank you.

I do like the simplicity of this one, although, the controls are very difficult and the 'chance' to get out of a corner is not there.

If you are looking to put this in a bigger game, it is something I think you should look at.
12-02-2014, 04:17 PM
@Lavender

The controls, I recommend not using the D-pad, put your finger on the screen and move it in the direction you want to go. The game was built in about a week for the OUYA, which uses a game pad. It also plays the best on iPad because the game was designed at 720p, and it feels a little cramp on smaller screens.

The corners, true, I tend to do big loops of the map then dash for the corners.

@ColeDaddy, Cheers. Even thought Geo-Byte is very simplistic by today's gaming standards. Its severed it purpose for to me. From a programming perspective, it Helped me achieve a better understand of AI, it was also designed with only 2 meshs of GL_POINTS, one dynamic mesh for effects which gets updated every frame, and one static mesh for the walls which is update once on the game load. Geo-byte is also something I am proud of because of how quickly I was to develop a small entertaining game.

The bigger game. I have been working on for the past couple of years is called "Dead Dark" . It has become a bit overwhelming. I was having an issues managing +100 monsters AI. So I want to divide the AI in to 2 queues, the off-screen queue which updates one monster per frame by simple grid based AI. The on-screen queue which updates all monsters on the screen every frame. This should help make my game loop faster and also allow better distributing and handling of the monsters.

forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=194291&page=1

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by ezraanderson; 12-02-2014 at 04:55 PM.
12-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Thank you for the promo code from earlier. So far the game looks fun however I'm having a very difficult time with the controls. I tried both types of controls but they both don't seem to work that well for me. The main problem is trying to go do a turn between two columns in the middle. I played the first level about 10 times and I can't beat it. I always die trying to go to the center to get the yellow ring but I can't make it because of the controls.