★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Aliens have attacked but they're no match for your sweet ride! Laugh at their measly bombs as you destroy them, and anything else that gets in your way, with nothing more than your trusty car, Sir Revs-a-Lot.

- Multiple game modes:
- Quick Play mode for 1-2 minute games.
- Marathon Play mode for endless games.
- Earn points to purchase more enemies (a good thing).
- Endless games, play as long as you can survive!
- Grumpy Old Man Fuel-ups & Black Holes.

Sir Revs-a-Lot is OpenFeint Enabled. Earn achievements and compete in leaderboards.

Prab's comments:

09-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Sweet. I played a Flash game like this, but I can't recall its name at the moment. Looks pretty decent.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

09-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Graphics looks decent but I'm still not too sure of the gameplay. Do you jump on the enemies? So it's like doodle jump but you have to buy platforms to jump on? Lol (you buy enemies in this game)

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Graphics looks decent but I'm still not too sure of the gameplay. Do you jump on the enemies? So it's like doodle jump but you have to buy platforms to jump on? Lol (you buy enemies in this game)
No.....bombs blow you upward in the game. The goal of the game is to be in the air as long as possible. Hitting enemies while you are in the air keep you up longer. So the more enemies you have in the game, the harder it is to fall.

When you on the ground, you use gas. The game ends when you run out of gas, so you don't want to be on the ground.

Achievements and points etc.. come from big combos, if you consecutively hit enemies to keep up without hitting the ground you get a combo.

The game is alright, but they take between 15-20 to complete, so they aren't quick games. I found myself falling only because there were no enemies on the screen at the time (I had bounced on them all and blew them all up and new ones hadn't come yet) I guess that's part of the strategy.

I got it because it has OpenFeint achievements. But it's not bad.
09-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Ah, I've finally discovered what this game reminded me of. Destructo tank! It was a pretty fun flash game, you can google it to try it out.

10chars
09-10-2009, 03:27 AM
except for the road and fire the graphics look cool
09-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm the developer of Sir Revs-a-Lot. Thanks for checking it out. We just got featured in the New & Noteworthy section!

We will be submitting an update this weekend to fix some minor performance problems and add fuel-ups. When the update is ready I'll post some screen caps, and when it goes live I'll post some more promo-codes.

Zincous makes a good point about it being too easy at times. The following update will add some more challenges. Ideally we'll have that ready to submit as soon as the first update is approved.

Also, your game automatically saves when you close the application. So you can play in smaller intervals if you like.

- Mike
09-10-2009, 01:21 PM
i like that it has achievements, might get it for those
09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
We submitted our first update this weekend. The bulk of the work was performance enhancements for 3.1 (taking advantage of new SDK features) and a bug fix for a rare crash.

There is one new gameplay feature though: Steal Old Man Allard's Fuel. After level four you get one chance per level to refuel. You have to hit the pump as Old Man Allard rolls by. If you steal his fuel 5 times in one game you get the "Old Man Allard's Fuel" achievement.

I'll post some promo codes when the update is approved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot1.png
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	7530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot2.png
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	7531  
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Promo Codes moved to its forum: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=25620

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG