★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mike V Do or Die Available in Fall 2009 (Skateboarding)

09-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Mike V Do or Die Available in Fall 2009 (Skateboarding) New Video Trailer & Controls!

Ratrod Studio Inc. is proudly announcing their latest iPhone game title “Mike V - Do or Die” which is currently in development for Mike Vallely, skateboard legend and lead singer of Revolution Mother.

Mike Vallely’s latest involvement includes his participation in the Tony Hawk Ride video game published by Activision.

The player will need to complete various events to unlock miscellaneous elements including exclusive bonus material.

The game will be featuring full 3D graphics with over 40 tricks to execute by using a cutting edge trick system. The users will be able to ride in 7 unique environments on top of a special driving mode that includes a full open city with many missions to complete.

The game also includes a character, skateboard and car customization mode on top of a diversified sound track that includes multiple songs from Revolution Mother’s newest album “Rollin’ with tha Mutha”.

Mike V Do or Die will be developed by Ratrod Studio Inc. and is planned to launch on the App store by fall 2009. This big budget production will be by far one of the biggest titles to hit the iPhone.

New Video Game Trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

Controls Preview

Youtube link | Pop Up

The Mike V Do or Die website is now live and features more details about the game including exclusive screenshots, trick lists and game play video. Contents will be added progressively until launch date.

http://www.mikevdoordie.com

The controls in Mike V Do or Die are based on real tricks; you choose your stance - Goofy or Regular, then swipe your thumb using the same gesture that you would use “kicking it” in real life (ollie, nollie, kickflip, heelflip, shove-it or any of the other tricks). If you are riding Goofy, then obviously you need to kick the board in the opposite top end corner to do a kickflip. The game also includes plants, manuals, grinds and slides.

We are just starting the promotional campaign and there will be a few contests organized in collaboration with the different companies to promote the game. More details to come...

About Mike Vallely
Mike Vallely is a professional skateboarder, musician, actor, stuntman and TV personality. With his involvement in many charities and his hard work to positively promote skateboarding, he quickly became a hero and legend to fans young and old alike all over the world. Mike became pro in 1986 when he was discovered by skateboarding legends Stacy Peralta and Lance Mountain. He has remained one of the most influential and important professionals over the past 23 years and counting.

Please don’t hesitate to leave us feedbacks and comments.

Thanks

Pat Toulouse
President, Founder
Ratrod Studio Inc.

Last edited by ratrodstudio; 03-08-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: New Video Trailer
09-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Nice, looks pretty good, like a Tony Hawk game.

Hopefully the controls will work well, from the video, they seem like they have the potential to be awesome!

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp

Last edited by PureSkill; 09-10-2009 at 12:32 AM.

09-10-2009, 03:19 AM
I hope this is better...

I hope this is better than it looks. Being a former skater (too old and out of shape these days) and a former owner of a Vallely Powell Peralta deck, I'm a fan of action skate games and also Mike Vallely.

Also, for the record, I really thought the Vans game was a step, maybe a small one, in the right direction. I absolutely loved Tony Hawk for the old school PS1.

These days I'm working in the music industry and I have a sneaking suspicion that this game is a halfhearted effort at marketing a game, when the real goal is to promote Mikes band. I hope that I am wrong, but I worry that I may indeed be correct. Why else the exclusive music???

Also, is it just me, or do I detect big frame rate issues with the demo vid? The video just doesn't really impress me that much. It looks a bit sloppy, with low quality graphics and poor controls.

I hope this game is better than it looks, once it arrives. Definitely not a first day purchase for me though, based on what I see here. However, I will reserve final judgment until the game is live and we can get a TOFFT or two going.

All the Best to the community,
T.O.
09-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Omar View Post
I hope this is better than it looks. Being a former skater (too old and out of shape these days) and a former owner of a Vallely Powell Peralta deck, I'm a fan of action skate games and also Mike Vallely.

Also, for the record, I really thought the Vans game was a step, maybe a small one, in the right direction. I absolutely loved Tony Hawk for the old school PS1.

These days I'm working in the music industry and I have a sneaking suspicion that this game is a halfhearted effort at marketing a game, when the real goal is to promote Mikes band. I hope that I am wrong, but I worry that I may indeed be correct. Why else the exclusive music???

Also, is it just me, or do I detect big frame rate issues with the demo vid? The video just doesn't really impress me that much. It looks a bit sloppy, with low quality graphics and poor controls.

I hope this game is better than it looks, once it arrives. Definitely not a first day purchase for me though, based on what I see here. However, I will reserve final judgment until the game is live and we can get a TOFFT or two going.

All the Best to the community,
T.O.
Do you always type out essays for your posts?

back
09-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
And your the king of one liners!
09-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Yes!!!
09-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Yes!!!

@beachmusic Yessir

The controls look bizarre, yet remarkably easy. Pretty cool

back
09-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Quote:

@beachmusic Yessir

The controls look bizarre, yet remarkably easy. Pretty cool
Call me a skeptic then. But, please note I said I was reserving my judgment.

Or maybe you couldn't make it that far down my post?

Just not a fan of the video of the game in it's current state. And yeah, I am suspect of anything remotely related to the music industry. In that regard you may refer to me as a curmudgeon from now on!

Bat Outta Hell, I enjoy your posts. Keep me on my toes and keep up the good work!!!

T.O.

Last edited by Tiny Omar; 09-10-2009 at 03:54 AM.
09-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Quote:

I hope this game is better than it looks, once it arrives.
+1.. The trick animations are really glitchy/jumpy and obviously need some work. Hopefully this is somewhat of an early build, and the finished product will play much smoother.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
09-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Anybody seen the video where mike beats up 3 or 4 posers? You tube it, you'll want to buy the game

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew