Universal Templar Infinite crusade - Mix of RPG, rogue like and strategy elements.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dr_Nachin, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #1 Dr_Nachin, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Out now all over the world.

You are an immortal templar on a crusade to vanquish the evil elder ones that have arisen from their deep slumber. The fate of the world as we know it is at stake. You must use all your skills and powers to banish evil from the world.

Templar Infinite Crusade features:

- retro RPG feel.

- Each crusade is randomly generated. Provides endless replay value.

- Over 300 unique enemies to battle. Common, uncommon and rare monsters. (legendaries and godlike monsters in future DLC).

[​IMG]

- Over 200 non combat encounters including equipment, shrines, books, potions,treasure piles, food items, traps, and more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-11 deadly bosses.

[​IMG]

-14 skills that level to near infinite values. Skills are: Sword, bow, fireball, shield, barrier, fortify, heal, escape, morph, health, armor, willpower, agility and identify.

[​IMG]

-Gain more resources as you level up to assist you on your crusades. More arrows, fireballs, shields etc.

-Infinite scaling difficulty. Each time a boss is killed the crusades get longer and harder, so level up and crusade farther than anyone else. Bosses can respawn, so scaling is infinite.

-Rogue-like mechanics. Items lost on death, but you get to permanently level your characters skills.

-Lightning fast gameplay. Battles are turned based, but rarely last over 4 seconds each. No inventory management to slow you down. Instantly equip, drink, eat, read, sell, invest, pray, or perform other actions in an incredibly user friendly interface as you encounter particular items.

-Easy to grasp, hard to master, (tutorial included and recommended. Don't worry. Its mostly killing stuff with your skills), but the game itself is not easy. You will die a lot. Each death is a learning experience. You cannot spam your sword and expect to survive long without using your other skills. Some games last 5 seconds. It might feel unfair at times, but such is the nature of randomized games. It is all part of the fun.

-Log function provides vital information in order to assist decision making in combat and noncombat encounters.

-Jump right into the action when you want to play. No waiting or loading screens, or complex menus to navigate. Quick in, quick out. Takes about 2 seconds (no joke) to jump into a game on an iPhone 4s, so great to play when you have 2 or 3 minutes.

-No in app purchases of any kind (Yep, this is actually a feature). There are enough deadly traps and sinister monsters in the game already, so no need to further scare away any potential crusaders by including the mind blowing horror of in app purchases.

-Awesome retro style artwork.

- Awesome sound track. Over 15 songs.

-Stat tracking so that you may boast to friends. How many crusades have you embarked on? How many enemies have you vanquished? What is the farthest you have survived on a crusade? What is you average crusade distance? These stats are tracked. Future DLC will allow for more stats to be tracked.

-No internet connection needed for current features (future plans include leaderboards and optional PVP which will require internet)

-------------------------------------------------
    FUTURE PLANS
    -------------------------------------------------
    -PVP like system (Already designed. Need to implement and test).

-Other languages. Spanish, portuguese and more.

-More enemies including legendary and godlike.

-More items.

-More types of noncombat encounters.

-Leaderboards (This is going in the first patch, including more stuff).

-More stat tracking.

-Might add new hero skills, but game is pretty balanced as is. Mostly depends on user feedback.

-Enemy modifiers for more randomness. Fat goblins. Slow elephants. Dumb kobold mages (Wait a sec, aren't they all dumb already?). Imagine the possibilities. Oh the horror, the horror.

- price of 1.99 US (No other IAP of any kind)

Here is a 1 minute video of Templar Infinite Crusade in action: http://youtu.be/aqpgi5MrdOQ and a couple of screen shots follow below.

You can find more screenshots and videos here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Templar-infinite-crusade/1451560018416935

If you have any questions about the game or this 1 person studio please post them here. Will be happy to answer any.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      230.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      196.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      296.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      274.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      226 KB
      Views:
  2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #2 Lavender, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Playing this game makes you step into a time that is before retro. That time that had commodore (look it up! LOL), roller skates had 4 wheels, and men weren't afraid of rainbows. #
    Templar is very easy to play, turn based, strategy game. You tap from a choice of weapons or actions that you can use during each event at the bottom of the screen. The weapons or actions you choose will determine your your fate.
    As you fight, you gain gold to buy more stats and abilities. And; you'll need them.

I really do like the old school simplicity of this game. This is one of this games that you can just grind away , playing for more coins without paying much attention to it, during those times you want to rest your brain and not think. Then, when you want more out of the game, you can use your brain to strategize, plan how you are going to kill each enemy, and calculate which items to upgrade.

With random backgrounds and monsters, (some with some pretty hilarious names!), Templar Infinite Crusade can be as easy or hard as you want it to be.

Fun time wasting game with an addictive quality that might have you playing 'just one more time,' several times. #
    A fun, retro piece of gaming fun.

3. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
  4. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo codes available

Hello all. Have 4 promo codes to give out today. More will be available later on during the week. If you would like a code please post here. I would rather the code go to old school RPG fans as they will enjoy the game the best probably.

5. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    I wouldn't mind a code. Game looks great, and is what I really want in iOS gaming. A game you can play at work or during a commute that's simple yet engaging. Retro gaming never gets old.

6. Rutter1984

Rutter1984 Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Any more codes? Game looks cool.

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I received a code for this a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I like the simplistic combat and the way the game is laid out. I love pixel art but I am not a fan of public domain/free usage type art in games due to seeing it elsewhere. My understanding is that original art is being made for this game which will really add to the experience.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'd love a code if they haven't all been spoken for, thanks! :D

9. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #9 Dr_Nachin, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Promo codes available

Hello all.

V Koulema, Rutter 1984, and Drelbs, I will send each of you a code via PM. Please be patient as I am out of my office(LOL my office is my home :D). I will send you a code in an hour or two as soon as I arrive. I apologize for making you wait.

Still have one more code available for today. More will be given out this week. Just post here if you are interested and I will raffle off today's remaining code. Will send it via PM and announce the winner.

Leaderboards(distance, enemies defeated, number of crusades) are being implemented in the next patch.

As bazookatime mentioned in a post above current graphics are placeholders. There will be a major overhaul in the future(hopefully 2 or three months, depends on artist). Heres a sample

Attached Files:

10. Brunner

Brunner Member

Feb 18, 2014
    If that last code is out there I'd certainly be interested. The game sounds like a solid tribute to old school RPGs so I know I'll have to give it a try eventually. Looking forward to seeing it in action sooner or later.

11. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    May the crusades begin :D

Hello everyone. Just sent out the 3 promised codes via PM. V Koulema, Rutter1984 and Drelbs have received one. Brenner you are the only asker for today's last code at the moment. If no one else asks for it I will send it later on today and let you know.

I would really appreciate it if the folks who received codes can provide feedback. Also since I am alone in this project(first commercial release, no money to work with PR, etc), it would be eternally (infinitely might fit better here hehehe)help if you spread the word if you enjoy the game.

So far the feedback in general from all sources(e-mail, Facebook, other forums), has been quite positive, so regardless if I make money or not, I am happy with the result of this project , and it will only improve from here on out with DLCs.

Have a few other game ideas I will work on once all the DLC for this game is out. (All DLC is gonna be free and would like to develop this game if possible for a year or year and a half).

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks for the code, I'll be back with impressions!

13. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Templar promo code giveaway

Brunner, sent you a code via PM.

Adding more info as I am getting a few questions.

You earn an extra fireball, escape attempt and heal spell every 100 points sunk into the skills. No point is lost as every little bit helps with more damage, raises escape chance or heals more.

The rest of the active skills (Bow,fortify, barrier morph) you get an extra shield, arrow, barrier etc every 50 points, and every point counts.

When you encounter items that temporarily raise skills on an adventure(such as a bow, your bow skill determines if you receive an extra arrow besides the bow skill buff, same for the other items), so raising your skills not only gives you more damage, heals etc, but also lets you start with more resources, and makes the items you find better.

Shrines: most provide permanent buffs to skills so they are high useful, just be sure to perform a sacrifice beforehand as it lowers the chance you anger the gods. Each shrine requieres a different sacrifice.

Please post other questions here so everyone can read the answers.

14. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    I love this game.

The game has a mechanic somewhat like Dark Souls does: you die but you're immortal so you essentially respawn infinitely. The beauty of the way it's done is it has that rogue feel where you lose all the items you've found but you keep the gold and can use it to increase your stats and abilities. Little by little you begin to claw further and further into the game.

The game has a nice risk reward system to it. You can come across a tough looking enemy but it's unidentified so you can't be sure of its strength. You have a choice to use magic, put up your shield to lessen its physical damage, attack it head on with your sword, or try to morph it. Morphing, if successful, transforms the creature into a different enemy. It's a true gamble; you might get a weak, easily felled enemy or a much tougher enemy that ends your life rather quickly.

The only issue I can foresee is people complaining about the graphics and the lack of animations; both I think are a moot point. The dev has shown some upgrades to the art already and if you're an old old school gamer you'll be more familiar with the gameplay over graphics.

For me it's a perfect mix of everything I love and it's suited very well to the mobile gaming platform. in my brief time with the game so far I've played sessions of five minutes and just finished playing it for an hour while watching TV.

I don't see myself deleting this off my phone any time soon.

15. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Templar Infinite Crusade Promo code

Hello all, thanks for providing feedback V Koulema. I am a huge fan of demon/dark souls and other rogue likes, and you hit the nail on the head. I wanted to design a quick mobile experience with the same rogue like/dangerous feel(and also easy to understand, as most rogue likes are the opposite). Some of the play testers called the game "Lite souls" lol.

I am giving out 5 more codes today at random on different intervals. If you want you just post your name. I will announce a winner every couple of hours.

16. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Templar promo codes

only 4 codes left for today.

Remember you can morph items. Highly useful. Turns poisons into useful potions, small treasure piles into bigger treasure piles, or traps into useful items(and vice versa so be careful). might also make some items worse.

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I must have overlooked this one. It looks really cool!

18. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I'd love a code if you're giving them out today. Game looks really interesting! Who doesn't like a good rogue-like game? :)

19. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Templar Infinite Crusade Promo code

Code sent to Mr. Charley. Noen, would you like a code? I would like to have as many people as possible play so the word gets around. People are enjoying the game a lot apparently :D.

Please post feedback, so everyone can read about your experience.

20. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Thanks for the code! I'll be sure to post some impressions once I've had a chance to play around a bit!