★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Invictus
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 112.5 MB
  • Version: 1.5.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: "I need a Dustoff!" became an all-too-familiar call on the airwaves of the jungle wars. Now take off with your rescue helicopter and search and save the life of the wounded soldiers in the field, often under fire. If you can't, nobody else can!

Find the stolen cargo with your Chinook helicopter and transport them safely to the nearby friendly base, all the while fighting off hostile tanks and other enemy combatants.

Save hostages being held in Prisoner of War camps. They are desperately waiting for the remarkable sound of the evac helicopters. You are their last hope so save them all!

Flying Dustoffs take courage on your part as a helicopter pilot, as ground fire is the rule rather than the exception. The rewards, however, are great.

MAIN FEATURES
- Up to 16 unique missions
- 3 rescue helicopters, each with different handling and transport characteristics
- 3 weapons with different capabilities
- Various missions like: cargo transportation, saving hostages and stopping enemy convoys
- Various daytime and weather conditions like stormy heavy rains and beautiful sunset over the jungles
- Numerous war scenes including jungles, swamps, hidden cave and mine systems and a lot more
- Epic action music and cinematic sound effects

All in a well known blocky style.

100% kid friendly game: no man can be killed, enemies always run away.

sink_or_swim's comments:

Dustoff Vietnam

Invictus
Genres: Games Entertainment Action Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$3.79 NZD

Quote:
"I need a Dustoff!" became an all-too-familiar call on the airwaves of Vietnam. Now take off with your rescue helicopter and search and save the life of the wounded soldiers in the field, often under fire. If you can't, nobody else can!

Find the stolen cargo with your Chinook helicopter and transport them safely to the nearby friendly base, all the while fighting off hostile tanks and other enemy combatants.

Save hostages being held in Prisoner of War camps. They are desperately waiting for the remarkable sound of the evac helicopters. You are their last hope so save them all!

Flying Dustoffs take courage on your part as a helicopter pilot, as ground fire is the rule rather than the exception. The rewards, however, are great.

MAIN FEATURES
- Up to 16 unique missions
- 3 rescue helicopters, each with different handling and transport characteristics
- 3 weapons with different capabilities
- Various missions like: cargo transportation, saving hostages and stopping enemy convoys
- Various daytime and weather conditions like stormy heavy rains and beautiful sunset over the jungles of Vietnam
- Numerous war scenes including jungles, swamps, hidden cave and mine systems and a lot more
- Epic action music and cinematic sound effects

All in a well known blocky style.

100% kid friendly game: no man can be killed, enemies always run away.
No Ads & No In App Purchases for the safety of kids.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5s

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 66.5MB

12-03-2014, 07:49 AM
2.99$, looks kind of interesting

12-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Minecraft style... I've never been a fan of mine craft but this looks interesting
12-03-2014, 08:13 AM
This game is already OUT worldwide
Dustoff Vietnam by Invictus
https://appsto.re/co/XMX63.i
12-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Early Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

12-03-2014, 08:58 AM
I managed to get a promo code of this. The graphics look great, i did find the controls tricky as they get some getting used to, would have preferred and easier 'joystick' on the left to move about. Once you get used to it its good
12-03-2014, 10:56 AM
This just looks straight up sick. Glad it's out now. I don't have to wait. I'll try to leave some quick imps once I dig into it a little. I know I've been slacking on impressions lately. There's still a couple that people are waiting for. It's Fall, so that's pretty much my favorite time of year for game releases. Between next gen and current gen consoles pumping out games every week and the AppStore pumping them out pretty much daily, there is just so much to play! Anyway, back on topic. Yea, this looks pretty cool. The Minecraft style graphics are an odd choice for a Vietnam themed game, but it still looks fun none the less.

Last edited by NOEN; 12-03-2014 at 10:58 AM.
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
This looks great after watching the video. I am curious how much gameplay we can get out of this game though. I wouldn't mind getting it if it had some type of "free flight" mode. My 6 year old would LOVE this.
12-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Looks very good. Can anyone explain the controls?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Interesting, looks like a modern version of "coplifter", an arcade game from the 80ies.