★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Metal Gear Solid Touch = Disappointment

12-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Metal Gear Solid Touch = Disappointment

Article from kotaku:

"You’re excited by the prospect of Metal Gear Solid on the iPhone, are you?. You may be less excited about the reality of Metal Gear Solid on the iPhone.

Take a close look at those screens. One shows Snake standing behind a wall of sandbags, shooting at bad guys. The other shows a zoomed-in view of Snake shooting at bad guys. They don't show him sneaking, they don't show him blending into a wall, they don't show him punching some unlucky sap in the cock.

You know why? Because it sounds like shooting is all you'll be doing. The same Famitsu article that broke the news yesterday also has a few details on the game that the press release neglected to mention.

They boil down to this: you don't control Snake's movement. All you do is swipe your fingers around to aim, then tap the screen to shoot.

It's Duck Hunt. Or, if you will, Snake's Crossbow Training.

Not that this is a bad thing! Kojima says in the article that the team originally considered a stealthy game, but decided (WISELY) that the iPhone isn't up to the task controls-wise, and went with something simpler.

Should make for a less frustrating experience, but still, that won't ease the crushing disappointment iPhone owners hoping for a "proper" MGS game will be feeling."

By Luke Plunkett

Oh well, I always knew that MGS wouldn't be able to run on an iPhone.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
STUPID STUPID STUPID!

at least rolando shippers have some working trailer and controls to back up their hype.

now a stupid farking screenshot? and they become disappointed? MAY-JAHHH NERD alert.

the author needs to get a life.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

12-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
STUPID STUPID STUPID!

at least rolando shippers have some working trailer and controls to back up their hype.

now a stupid farking screenshot? and they become disappointed? MAY-JAHHH NERD alert.

the author needs to get a life.
What the hell are you talking about? It has nothing to do with the screenshot. Did you read it? You dont even move the guy, you just tap enemies and they die. How disappointing is that?

12-18-2008, 12:35 AM
People are just jealous that it isn't on PS3/Xbox360/Wii.

Last edited by aerolord; 12-18-2008 at 12:37 AM.
12-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolord View Post
People are just jealous that it isn't on PS3/Xbpx360/Wii.
It is on ps3.

12-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
It is on ps3.
Then what the hell are you talking about? This is about Metal Gear Solid Touch and not Metal Gear Solid 4.
12-18-2008, 12:38 AM
sort of like iron man that's lame I was also expecting more
12-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerolord View Post
Then what the hell are you talking about? This is about Metal Gear Solid Touch and not Metal Gear Solid 4.
Its a gay version of mgs 4

12-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Quote:
zomg how did you come to know?

jk. I don't think we should speculate anything before there is a gameplay video or at least more screenshots. So grab some coffee and play Rolando people

PS: I don't think that if it's such a shallow game it would take around 6 months to develop for a studio like Konami

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
12-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Which part of the article said anything about Metal Gear Solid 4? What you said is just your opinion, unless you have evidence that this game is actually a gay version of Metal Gear Solid 4, if not don't say anything.