★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE LEGEND CONTINUES

The multi award winning classic action adventure game from the glorious days of the 90s is back again in Tomb Raider II for iOS users this year!
The unstoppable Lara Croft is back in Tomb Raider II. Join Lara in her quest for the Dagger of Xian, reputed to possess the power of the dragon. But beware, Lara is not the only one in search of the dagger! Warrior Monks and crazed cult members plot against you as you travel from the remote mountain peaks of Tibet, the canals of Venice and to the bottom of the sea.

Key Features:

Explore GRAND NEW LOCATIONS from Tibet, China to Venice, Italy!
ARM YOURSELF with automatic pistols, grenade launcher, M16 rifle and more!
Over 50 UNIQUE ACHIEVEMENTS to unlock!
KILL OR BE KILLED by deadly Warrior Monks, Yetis and more!
Comes complete with THE GOLDEN MASK expansion!
Take CONTROL OF VEHICLES such as motorboats and quad bikes!

Visit us here: www.tombraider.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TombRaider
12-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Omg buy. but how are the controls? I couldn't even play the first one literally

im a rpg loving kind of guy

12-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
Omg buy. but how are the controls? I couldn't even play the first one literally
It seems to be the using the same controls. I think it's the kind of game that plays better with a controller.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
12-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
It seems to be the using the same controls. I think it's the kind of game that plays better with a controller.
awww so no buy? no play

im a rpg loving kind of guy
12-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
awww so no buy? no play
I can't imagine playing the first Tomb Raiders with touch screen controls. I think that some games are meant to be played with a controller (or Keyboard/mouse) especially when those games were not made with a touch screen in mind.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
12-03-2014, 11:02 AM
The first one way unplayable on my iPhone, so unless they did a miracle, this one is a no go
12-03-2014, 11:22 AM
OMG! Are you kidding me?? I had a feeling when Square update TR1 the other day. I'm so glad SE is re releasing these. The TR series is easily my favorite series of all time.
12-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Anyone know if this is MFI Controller compatible like the first one was?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
12-03-2014, 11:37 AM
I bought Tomb Raider I and found the controls so frustrating. BUT since the update recently i've found it 'better', still not perfect but yeah this game would be great with a controller.

I have found the first game much more playable with the controls though (initially they were bad bad bad)
12-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah... the controls in the first one is one of the worst in an action-adventure title on touch right now. Looking at the GUI in the screenshots in this sequel, it looks as bad coz it's the exact same scheme as the first.

Should be much better, and playable in the least with MFi controllers.

From what i remember so long ago, TR2 is a huge improvement over the first in terms of gameplay, but it was TR3 that i enjoyed the most.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword