★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 550.4 MB
  • Version: 1.7.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ***DRIVER SPEEDBOAT PARADISE: Feel the thrill of high-speed boat races!! ***

Embody a young, reckless driver trying to make it big in the ruthless world of speedboat racing.
Race around exotic locations, feel the real high-speed racing thrill and become the best pilot on the waves!
Impose your style! Customize and upgrade your boat to be the hottest driver on land!
In the hot world of water racing, things go fast: Win races, get sponsored and become adulated by fans from Venice to the Caribbean Sea across the Atlantic Ocean.
Beware though, your chase for fame and fortune might take an unexpected turn: meet the legendary cop John Tanner and help him in his showdown against the speedboat racing mafia.

PLAYER REVIEWS:
5/5 Great game with top graphics and soundtrack!
5/5 Awesome game, I cant stop playing!
5/5 Has it all: speed, lifestyle, action

FEATURES
EXPERIENCE the real arcade racing thrill: blast, jump, nitro and boost your way through high-speed showdowns.
RACE in 6 different modes, including drag racing, and compete against your friends in the Weekly Tournament.
LIVE in the heat of the action and smash your rivals boats to overtake them!
FEEL the real offshore racing thrill thanks to our realistic water & wave system! Gaze-upon stunning 3D visuals perfected with AAA effects.
DRIVE over real exotic locations around the world and ride your custom boat on each of the seven seas.
CHASE down and defeat each mafia boss in epic showdown races in the duel racing mode.
UPGRADE the speed, acceleration, nitro and handling of more than 20 boats to always have the fastest ride on the water.
CUSTOM-BUILD your ride with hot paint jobs, neons and decals to be the king of the ocean.
BOOST your lifestyle level with houses and clothes to unlock insane powerboats and leave your mark on the speedboat world.
ENJOY an awesome soundtrack, created in collaboration with Back Office Records, featuring the best of French electro: Workerz, Bobmo

Driver Speedboat Paradise features online save and gamepad controls
Game available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian.

Stay on top of your game! Get the latest news, deals, and more at....
FACEBOOK:http://facebook.com/DriverSpeedboatParadise
TWITTER:http://twitter.com/driverspeedboatparadise
YOUTUBE:http://youtube.com/user/Ubisoft

If you have any feedback, please email us at apple.support@ubisoft.com

PLEASE NOTE:
This game is free to download and play but some game items can be purchased for real money. You can disable in-app purchases in your device's settings

This game is optimized for iPhone 5 and higher. We cannot guarantee a satisfying gaming experience on lower devices. This game is not compatible with iPhone 4.

killercow's comments:

Driver Speedboat Paradise

Ubisoft
Genres: Games Action Racing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
***IMPORTANT: this game is optimized for iPhone 5 and higher. We cannot guarantee a satisfying gaming experience on lower devices***

CLASSIC THRILL, NEW DRIVER!

Youre a young, reckless driver trying to make a name for yourself in the ruthless world of underground speedboat racing. But your quest for fame and fortune takes an unexpected turn when you cross path with legendary cop John Tanner.

PURE ARCADE RACING THRILL
- Take control of the most powerful speedboats and blast through high-speed races.
- Collect nitro packs to boost your powerboat.
- Jump on the ramps to fly through the air and perform impressive stunts!
- Smash into your opponents to take them down one by one!

COMPETE FROM MIAMI TO VENICE
- Enjoy a massive content, with 32 races in 5 different modes (Classic, Time Trial, Endurance, Elimination and Duel).
- Race in exotic locations all around the world (Miami, Bahamas, Cancun, Venice) and enjoy various weather conditions at different times of day.
- Join the Weekly tournaments to get unique rewards and show your friends whos the best.

UPGRADE & CUSTOMIZE YOUR SPEEDBOATS
- Browse through a wide selection of speedboats and pick the one that best fits your style.
- Collect ship parts during the race to upgrade your speedboats.
- Paint your ride in different colors and add awesome decals!

SPEED HAS NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD
- Cutting-edge 3D graphics for gorgeous speedboats and water environments.
- Realistic wave system for the genuine thrill of offshore racing!
- All the stunning visual effects of an AAA game: Dynamic Sky, realistic lightning, Bloom, HDR

THE LEGEND IS BACK
- Discover a dark underworld where badass drivers rub elbows with criminals.
- Meet colorful characters straight out of the Driver franchise: kingpins, car thieves, drug dealers, FBI agents and John Tanner himself!
- Enjoy an awesome soundtrack from Back Office Records, featuring the best of the French electro.

Game available in English.

Stay on top of your game! Get the latest news, deals, and more at....
FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/DriverSpeedboatParadise
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/driverspeedboatparadise
YOUTUBE: http://youtube.com/user/Ubisoft

If you have any feedback, please email us at apple.support@ubisoft.com

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 183.6MB

12-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Weird that their using the DRIVER name for this, but I'll bite. Thanks for the heads up killercrow!

12-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Game Impressions

12-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Weird that their using the DRIVER name for this, but I'll bite. Thanks for the heads up killercrow!
Yeah that's what i thought when i saw Driver in the title.

Anyways havent played this yet, but i downloaded it since im logged into my NZ account anyways coz of Fist of Jesus.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yeah that's what i thought when i saw Driver in the title.

Anyways havent played this yet, but i downloaded it since im logged into my NZ account anyways coz of Fist of Jesus.
Give us some imps bud!
12-03-2014, 10:51 PM
More like "Boater"
12-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Ok... Played it a little bit, and im enjoying the ingame mechanics, but not the monetization scheme.

Gameplay feels like Riptide GP, even borrowing the stunts while airborne, but of course it's limited here.

It controls well (has touch and tilt options but i found no reason to try tilt as touch works well), visuals are good but i think Riptide looks better visuals-wise, and the game mechanics are good.

The bad? Timers. On the bright side, you can get rid of timers entirely, but at the cost of $100 to buy 1600 gold (premium currency) and pay 1500 gold to get rid of the energy/fuel/timers.

From what few i've played of the game i've never ran out of fuel yet, but we know im gonna hit that wall when i get farther. I've only played one race past the tutorial stage which took a while to finish, and it took over 1/5th my fuel meaning if i dont get fuel as a reward of some sprt, im gonna hit a timer wall in 5 races which is kinda weak.
12-04-2014, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Ok... Played it a little bit, and im enjoying the ingame mechanics, but not the monetization scheme.

Gameplay feels like Riptide GP, even borrowing the stunts while airborne, but of course it's limited here.

It controls well (has touch and tilt options but i found no reason to try tilt as touch works well), visuals are good but i think Riptide looks better visuals-wise, and the game mechanics are good.

The bad? Timers. On the bright side, you can get rid of timers entirely, but at the cost of $100 to buy 1600 gold (premium currency) and pay 1500 gold to get rid of the energy/fuel/timers.

From what few i've played of the game i've never ran out of fuel yet, but we know im gonna hit that wall when i get farther. I've only played one race past the tutorial stage which took a while to finish, and it took over 1/5th my fuel meaning if i dont get fuel as a reward of some sprt, im gonna hit a timer wall in 5 races which is kinda weak.
It seems like everyone is now taking hints from EA...
12-04-2014, 01:40 AM
Quote:

Real money??
WTF are they crazy?
for like 20$ more you can probably buy a 3ds with fire emblem,this is not a game more like a polished scam to trap stupid kids to fall for it.

Last edited by mrdollar; 12-04-2014 at 01:43 AM.
12-04-2014, 03:52 AM
When i see Ubisoft + FREE RACER i avoid it like the plague, after Trials Frontier. Ubi knows how to make great gameplay, dress it in pretty graphics, and then ask you for 100s of cash to be able to play as long as you want... the above post with the 100$ cost to remove the timers proves my point.