★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real Time Data on my facebook advertising of 2048v2

12-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to 1stSPIN
Real Time Data on my facebook advertising of 2048v2

I want to post some real time data for a toe test ad campaign on facebook mobile. I have been looking for the place to buy these ads. Could someone provide a link if they know where it is.

I hope the information from the toe test will be helpful to those of you who are considering advertising on facebook
12-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Does anyone have the facebook link to buy advertising? Thank you for your help.

12-05-2014, 06:25 AM
I actually like the sound of advertising there. My children and their friends all think it is important, while I'm more of a Twitter person.

Did you try the obvious facebook.com/advertising or is there something else which we should be looking for?
12-05-2014, 06:53 AM
I have always thought about tweetinto for advertising. It seems a low cost way of getting your app in front of loads of eyes. Likewise youtube advertising. Both of those to me would be the ways I would advertise if I was going too.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
12-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
I have always thought about tweetinto for advertising. It seems a low cost way of getting your app in front of loads of eyes. Likewise youtube advertising. Both of those to me would be the ways I would advertise if I was going too.
Thanks for the info.
I want to get as many toe test ads in as possible to determine how much of an investment is need to get that critical mass I have been referring to. I originally put that number at 15,000 to 25,000 but one of my people came back to me with 500,000 downloads are need to make a game go viral.

If I use the google numbers that would mean an investment of $1,000,000 to $1,500,000 would be need. You may say that is a large investment for one game but that is not my end goal. I want to create a company that will cooperate with other developers and use that critical mass to promote other games. The details of such a cooperation is only in draft form. First I have to solve the problem of critical mass.

I would like as many opinions for developers as to what they feel the critical mass number is to make a game get noticed and go viral.

Which game/s will use those funds will be resolved later
12-06-2014, 03:44 AM
----

Last edited by Xammond; 12-06-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: pass
12-06-2014, 04:24 AM
I think 5K downloads is enough to know if you should be putting more advertising into to try and get to that 100K's downloads.

It seems to me 15K would be enough to go viral but enough to know player habits and if it is worth putting the money into it.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
12-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Quote:
I think 5K downloads is enough to know if you should be putting more advertising into to try and get to that 100K's downloads.

It seems to me 15K would be enough to go viral but enough to know player habits and if it is worth putting the money into it.
I original thought $20,000 for the first month then $10,000 for the next 3 months. If the game/s go viral within that period to maintain a monthly advertising budget. But my co designer does not feel 10,000 players is enough to have a game go viral that the number should be around 500,000.

Still working on getting the facebook test running then put a plan together.
12-07-2014, 07:16 PM
UpComing Campaign

I don't think there is a set figure you can pay to ensure the game will go viral, it depends on a lot of factors like game play, design, and sharability.

Typically to get the best chance of success you just need to get into the top 100 in at least 1 or more of the leading countries, USA, UK, Germany, or Canada. If you can do that, it will follow suit in the other countries.

A 50k budget is a decent spend. Spent right it can get you the best result across social, banner campiagns and review sites.

We have a large game launch in feb/March so I'll make sure to post my ROI results from Facebook and Twitter here which might help.

The Great White Ape
12-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Well, it seems that this service is no longer available:
"The service is unfortunately no longer available.
Twitter revoked our access as they say it is a potential competitive ad model - sorry folks!"

Alda Games
Check out our web!
Follow us on Twitter or Facebook!