★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Riptide GP2 by Vector Unit $1.99 -> FREE

12-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Riptide GP2 by Vector Unit $1.99 -> FREE

Game Center: sink_or_swim
12-05-2014, 08:14 AM
i was just about to post this! the "free" to play racers that ask for 100s of dollars to remove timers -not saying any names- can suck its propelled water...

12-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Gamers -- Get this game.
Dev's -- Please update this game for better control compatibility in a fast-paced race. Too many times have I performed stunts because the controls aren't accurate enough to let me adjust my turn controls quickly without my racer performing randomized, untimely flips.
12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavidmerritt View Post
Gamers -- Get this game.
Dev's -- Please update this game for better control compatibility in a fast-paced race. Too many times have I performed stunts because the controls aren't accurate enough to let me adjust my turn controls quickly without my racer performing randomized, untimely flips.
Have you tried starting your stunts just as you hit the ramp? I rarely wipe out and leaves me time to maneuver the turns, etc just after jumping.

This is a fantastic game and highly recommend getting it, lots of options to cater to your racing. Don't like water on your face?, turn it off.
12-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Yeah, once I figured that little titbit out (from you on the main thread probably?) everything became easy as gravy. Actually, I need to start playing this again, I'm just a teensy bit afraid of having to re-memorize all the stunts. Do, do, do get this while it's free, though. And don't be too perturbed by the early difficulty curve. Do a tiny bit of grinding on a high-paying track that you've got down pat, buy yourself a better jetski, and you're all set to go. It's not one of those racers that you can buy yourself out of a corner with, though. That may help a little bit, but you've just got to make with the cunning stunts and hug those corners to really win.
12-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Is this anything like Jet Moto?
12-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Never understand how the multiplayer works, but nevertheless this is a very good freebie. Recommended!

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
12-07-2014, 09:01 AM
My opinion: Second only Asphalt series as the top racing game on ios.
12-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJack View Post
My opinion: Second only Asphalt series as the top racing game on ios.
Yea, those hydro jets scrape way too much on the pavement when taking the turns to be called No1.
------------
The concept is about the only thing comparing to Jet Moto, I'd just get it and compare
Lol, I can't remember all those stunt controls also, I just wing it trying to remember the more advanced ones and have gotten by so far.
Timing the boost like after you've stopped porpoising helps too.

Still free, get it while its so.