★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dustoff Vietnam $2.99->$0.99

12-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Dustoff Vietnam $2.99->$0.99

Launch weekend sale, apparently.
12-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Grr.... I just paid $2.99 for it the other day! Oh well, the game is incredibly fun! And I'm not one to gripe about sales, I just wish I would have waited a few days...

12-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Damn dude, 1st day purchasers lose out.
12-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
Grr.... I just paid $2.99 for it the other day! Oh well, the game is incredibly fun! And I'm not one to gripe about sales, I just wish I would have waited a few days...
I hear you I'd be a bit upset also.. They should have released it at a buck then raised the price.. I'm about to buy this.. Looks really fun
12-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano1084 View Post
I hear you I'd be a bit upset also.. They should have released it at a buck then raised the price.. I'm about to buy this.. Looks really fun
Agreed I mean early adopters are like suckers now because everyone knows a sale is coming. Its sad.
12-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Agreed I mean early adopters are like suckers now because everyone knows a sale is coming. Its sad.
It is :/
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano1084 View Post
Almost like they just grab all the sucker early adopters (who are the real fans) money then toss up a sale a week later to grab the rest of the people who were on the fence. Oh well.
12-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutter1984 View Post
Damn dude, 1st day purchasers lose out.
Damnit! Think I'd learn by now! Sucks that us early adopters often feel punished/cheated when this happens. I haven't even had a chance to play the damn thing

Edit-lame there's no violence too. Why not have an option for blood n gore? It does have "Vietnam" in the friggin title after all. I like simulated violence!

Last edited by somedumbgamer; 12-05-2014 at 02:25 PM.
12-05-2014, 03:02 PM
We could look at it this way...

First-day buyers lost $2 each. How much do you think the devs lost from their money, time and effort in making the game that they resorted to dropping the price to get more interest in their game as early as a few days from release?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedumbgamer View Post
Damnit! Think I'd learn by now! Sucks that us early adopters often feel punished/cheated when this happens. I haven't even had a chance to play the damn thing
If you aren't excited enough to play it the moment you buy it, then why buy it? I tend not to buy games unless they are something I'm actually wanting to play right then or it's a sale and I don't mind throwing some money towards something even if I never play it.

It should be par for the course that most smaller devs release at one price and then have a sale because of the whole idea of a "sale" will trigger some people to jump and buy right then. I'm actually kind of shocked how many regs haven't caught on to this practice yet.

I stand behind all of my purchases as it being up to me to decide when to buy and when not to.

On the flip side, I kind of wish there was some price protection for newly launched games... as well as some quality control over which games actually get launched... but that's a thought for another thread.

IS this game actually any good?

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.