★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 60.3 MB
  • Version: 1.8
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: WINNER OF:

***Parent's Choice Gold Award
***Best-in-Show, iKids App Showdown (Kidscreen)
***Communicator Award
***W3 Silver Award

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY:

I SPY Spooky Mansion is a high-quality search and find app
CommonSenseMedia.org

I SPY Spooky Mansion is a fun yet challenging hidden objects game
MobileTechReview.com

The production values in this childrens app took the prize, as did its attention to detail
Kidscreen / Best in-Show iKids App Showdown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Play the hidden object adventure based on Jean Marzollo and Walter Wicks best-selling I SPY Spooky Night book. Through the creaking gates, youd best beware. A spooky mansion awaits. . . enter if you dare! Find yourself trapped on the grounds of a scary and mysterious mansion where youre only escape is to collect 7 keys hidden throughout the estate. To reveal the keys, solve 21 I SPY riddles and puzzles by searching for hidden objects in areas of the mansionthe library, living room, laboratory, graveyard and more!

Perfect game to play as Halloween looms! Or, play year-round as this app is great for kids and casual gamers alike!

Features:
Adventure themed gameplay--solve riddles to collect the seven keys.
21 I SPY riddles lurking on the spooky estate.
Zoom functionality allows for up to 300% magnification to help find the most cleverly hidden objects!
Voiceovers read all the I SPY riddles aloud to help younger players just learning how to read.

Developed by CodeWalla.
09-10-2009, 09:04 AM
What age is this for ?

09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
hmmm don't see how this would work on iphone. There was a reason why the books were pretty big, so that you could see everything. The small iphone screen just doesn't seem to do it for me =/
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
My 6 year old plays this on the PC. Like... constantly. Think of it like Myst for kids. Puzzles and such to solve getting from room to room. Production values are top-notch on the PC one at least, and this looks similar.
09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
hmmm don't see how this would work on iphone. There was a reason why the books were pretty big, so that you could see everything. The small iphone screen just doesn't seem to do it for me =/
iphone screen isnt that small... in fact for a cellphone its huge
09-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Do you think it's good for a 10 year old? My daughter loves the yard sale games. I don't see it in Canada yet....is it out in the US ?
09-10-2009, 09:17 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Yeah its out in the US

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
09-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I wonder if the price will drop within a week or less like everything else..........
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Do you think it's good for a 10 year old? My daughter loves the yard sale games. I don't see it in Canada yet....is it out in the US ?
She'll probably enjoy playing it through once or twice. If it's like the PC game they mix it up a bit each time so you have to find different things to solve the puzzles.

I'll TOFTT it tonight and see how similar it is to the full-size PC version. Though $3.99? Sheesh.
09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
3.99 .........I agree but if it's a great kids game i don't mind. It's just that all the games i buy keep dropping to .99 the next day !!