★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I wish developer will create another console style rpg like Vay but better :p

09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I wish developer will create another console style rpg like Vay but better :p

It's been so long now and I haven't seen any new Console Style RPG games for iPhone. I hope someone already developing one since I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy, Chrono Series and Wild Arms

Playing: Dexter, Modern Combat, Madden NFL, Resident Evill 4, Dungeon Hunter, HYBRID, Real Racing, Castlewar, Amateur Surgeon, Robocalypse
Waiting For: Sweet Barbie Adventure, Hello Kitty Dreamland, Hannah Montana Quest, Amy Gets A Tan 2, Teletubbies Story
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM

09-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I think he's thinking more along the lines of Final Fantasy and less along the lines of Oblivion (though that game does indeed look awesome).
09-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comassion View Post
I think he's thinking more along the lines of Final Fantasy and less along the lines of Oblivion (though that game does indeed look awesome).
We are working on some.
Old school 2D style FF Clones.

This is what the Mouse House / BANG 2D engine
was actually designed for long term.
09-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I agree with the OP. I think Vay was sort of underappreciated, it's a really phenomenal game. It was a solid (although not mind blowing) RPG on the Saturn. But the way they integrated all the iPhone features seamlessly into the game instead of just straight porting it (ahem, Sega) is what I think really makes it stand out. There should def be more games like Vay on the app store.

@TheBunny: Looking forward to see what you've got cooking

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
09-10-2009, 03:26 PM
thanks for making this thread, OP, I didn't even know Vay existed.
09-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnetro View Post
It's been so long now and I haven't seen any new Console Style RPG games for iPhone. I hope someone already developing one since I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy, Chrono Series and Wild Arms
it's funny,we're the same,i also said those similar lines in a thread,i also mentioned final fantasy and chrono cross,except wild arms,i said suikoden,hahahahahah,although i also played wild arms,hope square enix or other good devs there will make a 3d one
09-10-2009, 07:00 PM
No problem, i hope developer read this thread so they can start developing another console style rpg. Besides this is one of the reason why I can't call the iPhone/iPod Touch a gaming device yet.

Square-Enix should make one, something like Crisis Core. Tap & Scroll would be so perfect on a Battle Scene.

Playing: Dexter, Modern Combat, Madden NFL, Resident Evill 4, Dungeon Hunter, HYBRID, Real Racing, Castlewar, Amateur Surgeon, Robocalypse
Waiting For: Sweet Barbie Adventure, Hello Kitty Dreamland, Hannah Montana Quest, Amy Gets A Tan 2, Teletubbies Story
09-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugi_igi View Post
it's funny,we're the same,i also said those similar lines in a thread,i also mentioned final fantasy and chrono cross,except wild arms,i said suikoden,hahahahahah,although i also played wild arms,hope square enix or other good devs there will make a 3d one
Yes, Square-Enix should make another game for iPhone/iPod Touch. Since the 2 SquareEnix games doesn't really feel like final fantasy at all. I also love to see FF Tactics on iPhone/iPod Touch.

09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
i agree with the OP 167% if any company makes a game like final fantasy i will buy it no matter the price... lol