★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Warner Bros.
  • Genre: Action
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 120.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Join the fight for Middle-earth in an all-new 3D game. Choose to battle as Humans, Dwarves, Elves or Orcs to see which group will earn a spot atop the leaderboard. Switch between characters for a tactical advantage, and then play as the hero to finish the fight!

From Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, the third in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien.

An ancient enemy has returned to Middle-earth. Sauron, the Dark Lord, has sent forth legions of Orcs in a stealth attack upon the Lonely Mountain. As darkness converges on their escalating conflict, the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decideunite or be destroyed.
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Oooh! A proper LOTR action game? Yes!
Er... Free? No!

Well, i'll see how it is first

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

12-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Game Impressions

This game is a serious 'worst game of the year' contender if you ask me.
12-08-2014, 02:01 PM
lol,even the gameplay video is pulled again.THAT bad?
12-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toptrops View Post
This game is a serious 'worst game of the year' contender if you ask me.
Awesome. Thanks for that. Wouldnt have to bother downloading now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Tolkien Based game: Check
Free: Check
Small File Size: Check
Nice Menu & Presentation: Check
At Last a 3D LOTR game: Check
Graphics from 3Gs era: Check
Animation from 3Gs era: Check
Disappointment: Check

Beside the fun, it is just a free promo game for the movie and nothing more... There isn't any gameplay than just killing enemies with 4 soldiers on the same scenery with awful graphics every time and earning points.
Ok i understand that this is something ''quick n dirty'' just to make a little bit ''noise'' around the movie but it hurt my eyes and my thumbs. As a great LOTR fan i just hope for a proper 3D action LOTR game in the future for iOS... You can skip this safely!
12-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Man WB. I'd rather have a semi-port of LEGO The Hobbit. Would've been WAY better at generating positive buzz for the movie. This game could turn off potential movie-goers!
12-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Looks awesome!

Like flies flapping their wings and buzzing about a heaping pile of crap!
12-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I only played the game for a few minutes but, found it to be a pretty
awful game. The fighting animations are really poorly done.

It just feels really rushed, to say the least.

Stay well away!!

Last edited by gemineye62; 12-08-2014 at 07:54 PM.
12-08-2014, 09:59 PM
I just achievement for a able 3d activity lotr bold.