★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Adrian Kumorowski
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 62.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Volt - Battery on the loose

You were on the way to a recycling process when fortunately for you - and unfortunately for the environment - you accidentally ran off.

Now your goal is to escape from the facility, which is an extremely difficult task due to the fact that you are a battery without legs. Equipped with a limited number of electric beams, you can connect to walls, move or destroy objects, turn switches, and charge generators.
You also have the ability to jump or push off the walls - the rest is up to physics and gravity.

Key features:
- puzzle platformer with a lot of explosions
- over 60 levels divided into 4 industrial-themed zones
- boss stages
- unlockable 16-bit levels
- unlockable batteries
- unlimited lives !

killercow's comments:

iPad Version: https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/volt-battery-on-the-loose/id874975509?mt=8
12-08-2014, 01:59 PM
PC Gameplay:

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.

12-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Fun game Adrian is GameCenter coming or not, just want to know.
12-08-2014, 05:08 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

12-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Looks pretty good. Similar to other but has a nice little twist. How is the gameplay?
12-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn View Post
Looks pretty good. Similar to other but has a nice little twist. How is the gameplay?
control isn't perfect enough, it's like a 'cut the rope' style game, your battery will have 'rope' and you should manipulate the 'rope' to reach the exit. tutorial isn't clear enough in my opinion. Actually it's a good game, but for some reason i feel something plain inside... I just played till level 12 may be I just need to play more

Game Center ID: copaeci
12-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Fun game Adrian is GameCenter coming or not, just want to know.
We have no plans for it now.
But it's definitely possible in a near future
12-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
control isn't perfect enough, it's like a 'cut the rope' style game, your battery will have 'rope' and you should manipulate the 'rope' to reach the exit. tutorial isn't clear enough in my opinion. Actually it's a good game, but for some reason i feel something plain inside... I just played till level 12 may be I just need to play more
Lack of tutorial, bad controls, no iPad support.... I have Cut the Rope and Cut the Rope 2, so I feel I wasted my money here.
12-15-2014, 09:06 PM
I power may have you ought to operate to get to the exit.
12-29-2014, 12:21 PM
I picked up Volt after I saw TA cover the game. I beat world #1, and I am on perhaps level 8 or 9 in world #2. The tutorial was very much indeed lacking. I dont think I truly understood what I was doing until perhaps the end of world 1. The difficulty really ramps up once you get to world 2. I am going to be honest, it really does require some luck, and skill to complete these levels. The control reactions could be improved, by a marginal sum in fact. I die most times due to the controls not reacting as soon as I hit the screen. It can be very frustrating at times, but I just turn off the game and try again later if it gets to that point. I can see why cut the rope would come to mind on this game, but after the first few levels there isnt too much similarities. You do have to cut a hold, but that is because at times you need to have 2 things roped at once, for example jumping & swinging and using the motion to pull a box into a trap that will activate an elevator.

In reply to a previous poster.. The lack of tutorial is kind of rough, but you learn as you play the first few easy levels, it doesnt take long to get a handle on things. The controls are spotty, and at times dont respond when you need them to, but I wouldnt say they suck. I dont recall the game info stating it was universal though, so I wouldnt have purchased expecting to play it on the iPad. Cut the rope 1 & 2 were semi decent games, not great though. Volt requires different skill sets to beat than cut the rope.