★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Six to Start
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 95.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Once you Step, you just cant stop!

Normal pedometers count your steps. Step Buy Step is different. Each step you take in the real world earns you Stepps.

Walk ten steps and buy a Dog. Your canine companion adds an extra 4 Stepps to each of your own steps! Get 100 Stepps and its time to buy a Flock of Sheep. Now youre really cooking: 40 Stepps per step and youre covering 100 yards with every fall of your feet.

Buy over 40 creature companions who'll join you on a journey around the world and beyond! Want to know what its like to cross an entire country with a single stride? We can show you: Step Buy Step.

Made by Six to Start, co-creators of the worlds bestselling smartphone fitness game with over a million players, Zombies, Run!

A CAVALCADE OF CUTE COMPANIONS
From a canine compatriot to a helpful hedgehog, Step Buy Step includes dozens of animals who will help you complete your challenges. Every animal increases how many Stepps you earn for each step you take, and youll need every Stepp you can get if youre going to win your wager with Phileas Fogg himself!

AUTOMATIC STEP-TRACKING
Step Buy Step lives up to its name: itll track every step you take, letting you see just how far you walk every day. But this isnt just some stuffy statistics tracker. This is a pedometer adventure game! With our moreish upgrade system, every step will take you further than the last, until a single step will cover miles.

OPTIMISED FOR IPHONE 5S, 6 & 6 Plus
Got the iPhone 5s, 6, or 6 Plus? Then youll love Step Buy Step we use the M7 and M8 to count your steps even more accurately and with even less battery usage.

NOTES
- Requires iOS 7
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Step Buy Step uses your phones accelerometer to measure your movement, and primarily uses wifi and cell towers to track location. We also use GPS sparingly when for tracking your walking routes.

Boardumb's comments:
From the Zombies, Run! developer

12-10-2014, 11:25 PM
This looks fantastic. I wonder if it works. Can anyone give me any kind of impression? I'd love to try it. If it does work I'd recommend it to everyone. I could really get obsessed with walking, and maybe even install a treadmill at my standing desk if I knew I was earning points in a game.

Now, if I could transfer walking steps to ge I already love, like Godville, that'd be even better. 😜
12-10-2014, 11:32 PM
I just downloaded their free game, Dungeon Runner: Fitness Quest, which looks similar but more pixel art RPG-like. I'll post impressions of that here. It isn't on Touch Arcade's system probably because it is listed as a Health and Fitness app on Apple's servers.
12-11-2014, 03:13 AM
I'll leave some impressions later. Just bought it and downloading now. Been looking for a cool pedometer app.
12-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Well it looks pretty cool so far. Not really much interaction other than it being a pedometer/slight game. You use your steps walked to buy animals which multiply your steps, there's challenges you can except for bonus steps, things like walk a certain number of steps in a given time frame. And you on a mission to walk the distance of the uk. There's also achievements for finishing it in different amounts of days.
Nice little thing if you do a lot of walking in your day to day life.
I'll keep it on my phone as I like having a idea of how far I've gone each day with walking to and from work etc.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
12-13-2014, 05:13 AM
Ooo now I have a new mission "travel to the centre of the earth" new animal pals to purchase and new scenery to see

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.