★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does anyone in here still play games on a console?

09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Does anyone in here still play games on a console?

Only iphone/ipod? or both?

I have to say I haven't seen a console game worth picking up until COD: MW2 comes out.
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I play the occasional CSS on my PC. But not much.

Hakuna Matata

09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle12 View Post

I have to say I haven't seen a console game worth picking up until COD: MW2 comes out.
Last console I owned was a PS2 -- gave it away years ago, since I just didn't have the time to play in front of the TV anymore. I do still play games on my MacBook Pro, though -- in fact, playing Modern Combat got me to fire up Modern Warfare again.
09-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Once in a while maybe my PSP or DS for specific old favorites but Xbox 360 has laid dormant for months now.

It's hard to beat the endless plethora of games usually professional Xbox Arcade quality or better each and every day for pennies on the dollar! It's the ultimate short attention spanner's dream with all of these games in a single place for you to flip back and forth between without bothering with a single disc or cartridge.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
I've been trying to get back into console/pc gaming. The quest did get me back into oblivion for awhile. The problem is that My pc can only play old games and I only have a ps2 and have played all the games I own to death. I can't afford a new console because I have been spending my money on quality iphone apps and am happy doing just that.

Last edited by The_Running_Man; 09-10-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Quote:

well as a pretty big sports gamer I would say yes. Nothing comes close to the quality of madden 10. NHL 09 and soon to be 10 are some of the best sports games ever. And there isn't even hockey on the app store. I would ravensword can provide this but again oblivion can't be matched. Same with fallout. Finally with no game showing up real solid multiplayer.... Well that counts for tonnes of games.

So after all that yes I do still play my xbox tonnes.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
09-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Quote:

I'm not interested in war games so there are lots of console games I play.
I play:
- Tales of Symphonia~ Knights of Ratatosk
- Resident Evil 4 Wii
- Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
- Sengoku Musō: Katana
- Sengoku Basara
- Ougon no Kizuna
~for Wii.

I mainly read books on iPhone now.
09-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Whilst I love my iPhone and all it's games, there is no way it could replace my large hi def TV and my PS3.

Currently playing:
Batman Arkham Asylum
Fat Princess
Battlefield 1943
Colin McRae DiRT 2

Now Playing: This War of Mine | Motorsport Manager | Hearthstone
09-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Recently I have been playing on my iPod ALOT but I do play cod 4 on PC alot, still.. It's just so awesome! I agree with u I havnt bought a console game in ages but I'm gonna get braid on sale this weekend, only £3.50! And I MIGHT get l4d2 but since it's very similar to l4d I might not, and I'm gonna get MW 2 but there's no much else I'm really excited for.
09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Hmm...

Well, definitely I have been shifting heavily towards portable gaming (iPhone/DS/PSP), but there's always those gotta-have console games, ya know?