★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Oceanhorn by FDG Entertainment $8.99 -> $4,99

12-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Oceanhorn by FDG Entertainment $8.99 -> $4,99

Game Center: sink_or_swim
12-16-2014, 11:05 AM
This was unexpected. BOUGHT!

12-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
This was unexpected. BOUGHT!
Criminal people didnt buy this when it first came out ! iOS classic
12-16-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm so backlogged with games I didn't bother with it guess I get it and play it in 2016 along with XCOM Banner Saga etc

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
12-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
You're arguably right given the critical and fan love fest, but it's so far outside my usual genres I held off... until the sale... even though I'd say there is less than 5% chance I'll ever play more than an hour or two

A sale like this so long after it came out doesn't insult previous buyers and I'd bet it nets a lot of sales like mine, people who were never going to buy the game but, ooh, bargain!

Game Center : "Chip H."
12-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I have to say the Christmas came early for me with this limited sale. I switched from Android to iOS about a year ago and since then I own 250+ premium games in my library (I'm not even counting IAPs from free games). I didn't know and expect this game to be such success, I just put it on my wishlist and was patiently waiting.. Around a summer break I realized I made a mistake not buying it right away when it came out but I decided to wait for the sale instead. I just didn't want those months of waiting "to waste". Anyway, it's here with its first sale ever and I couldn't be happier. I hope the year of waiting will be worth it. During this year I learnt there's no reason to wait for what I want and I can say I didn't make the same mistake ever since. As said, I wouldn't call everyone "criminal". I just didn't know better back then and I already did learn my lesson. This is a must-have game and I'm glad it's finally in my collection. Thanks for the heads up.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
12-16-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm still on the fence about this. What I love about Zelda, is the on the fly combat and the feeling of progression. I don't feel right playing a salsa clone with one attack button. Is there anyone that could push me off the fence, into buying this?
12-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
I'm still on the fence about this. What I love about Zelda, is the on the fly combat and the feeling of progression. I don't feel right playing a salsa clone with one attack button. Is there anyone that could push me off the fence, into buying this?
There's a great story (narrated even) and definitely a good progression system. The combat is great too.

I understand there are some that don't like the game for whatever reason, but as a long time Zelda fan, I love this game. Bought it the day it came out. Just keep in mind it's not identical to Zelda, but it definitely borrows a lot from it.
12-16-2014, 12:20 PM
I always wanted this game but was worried about the Ipad 2 performance, so how does it run?
12-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markku View Post
I always wanted this game but was worried about the Ipad 2 performance, so how does it run?
I don't know about iPad 2, but it runs perfectly on iPad 3 (very small differences from iPhone 5S).

By the way, what happened to Oceanhorn Benchmark Edition?