★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nitrome
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 34.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Platform game heroes through the ages have been abducted!
Pit them against each other in order to settle, once and for all, which one is the best!

Can you unlock them all and become king of the leaderboard?
Endlessly addictive, procedurally generated retro platformer!
Super simple controls. Swipe left, right & up is all you need to move around.
Pumping chiptune music by Eirik Suhrke, composer of Ridiculous Fishing and Super Crate Box.
Cutting edge retro pixel graphics!

Important Message for Parents
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- In-app purchases.
- Advertising of Nitrome products.
12-16-2014, 04:07 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

12-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Can't wait! Been waiting for this.
12-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Im really enjoying this

I would prefer a jump button though. Swiping up sometime registers a diagonal which changes my direction which felt like it wasnt my fault when i died.
12-17-2014, 05:07 AM
Im surprised this isnt getting more attention. It's like Slayin with the combat dropped and the platforming boosted up to max.

Really love how each of the rooms, even though repeated, scale harder with slight changes in the obstacles that require shifting strategies or timing each time. I've already unlocked half the roster, and everyone else should come after since the game only has one currency which feels like they become more common the more i unlock characters.

Free with ads, and $2 to remove the ads. There are IAPs for extra coins to unlock characters faster, but i dont recommend that coz the character unlocks give a secondary objective to pick up coins along the way.

The only flaw im going to point out (which may be significant) is the revive system. I havent used any of it yet so im not sure if there is a limit, where i hope it does. Best would be limit one use per run to keep the leaderboards balanced.

On my previous post i suggested adding a tap to jump option, but i got used to the swipes. It would still be a good option to have though.
12-17-2014, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The only flaw im going to point out (which may be significant) is the revive system. I havent used any of it yet so im not sure if there is a limit, where i hope it does. Best would be limit one use per run to keep the leaderboards balanced.
This is basically the only reason I deleted the game, otherwise I would've called it an instant classic. While Nitrome's other recent "mini" game, Roller Polar was an exceptional pure high-score chaser with no IAPs for revives or anything, this awesome little game has unfortunately just become "another one of them endless games" because of the revive system. You can essentially buy your way on the leaderboard.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-17-2014, 05:33 AM
This looks neat
12-17-2014, 06:02 AM
I used my few hard earned coins to find out how many revives there are possible. Started with 15, 30 and the 60 i couldn't afford anymore. Pay to win leaderboard unfortunately, only.

Without this big miss, this game is as good, challenging and enjoyable as EP and MC already pointed out. I dedinitely won't delete it that fast, because i have some (little) hope for a pure leaderboard to come. (In addition to p2w)

Last edited by Qwertz555; 12-17-2014 at 06:31 AM.
12-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Only this and the gameloft thing? I hope not..... This one looks fun though

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android

Last edited by chaos_envoys; 12-17-2014 at 06:44 AM.
12-17-2014, 07:07 AM
Isnt there a nitrome rep posting here? Hopefully they read our posts regarding revives and limit them to one or 2 uses max for a more balanced leaderboard. Or, a separate leaderboard for no-revive runs.