★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you think you have what it takes to handle one of the world's most dangerous and stressful jobs? Take command as the Air Boss.

Flight Deck puts you in charge of flight operations for your own little Military

Direct planes and helicopters to their proper landing zones and launch additional aircraft into the wild blue yonder all while trying to avoid costing the taxpayer millions.

NEW: Fast Forward feature lets you speed up the action for a greater challenge. Action returns to normal speed automatically if there is an imminent collision to give you time to handle the situation.

-----------------------------------------------

FEATURES:
Beautifully Detailed Graphics
Actual Aircraft Carrier Sounds
Aircraft modeled after Real World Counterparts
Radio Chatter
Simple and engaging game play
Game Center worldwide leaderboards
5 different levels available
Atmospheric background music
Fast forward gameplay feature

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:

"I am glad the developer is here and willing to support this game. No matter how saturated the market is, there are always going to be customers willing to pay for a good game, and this one is one of those games."

"I would easily recommend this game to the fans of line drawing genre." Touch Arcade Forum

"I just keep coming back to it again and again. With it's engaging gameplay, stellar graphics and ambient sound... this game is very impressive and quickly earned it space on my "front page" of apps." Bindi Knight

"Great game! Awesome graphics and more authentic...." ClaytonLphotography

SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
I welcome any suggestions from our users to help make Flight Deck a more enjoyable experience.

Thank you for accepting and playing Flight Deck for what it is.... a labor of love.

This has been a long journey that was halted on several occasions due to similar games coming out ahead of us. But, I decided Flight Deck should and could stand on its own.
09-10-2009, 07:41 PM
And the Flight Control clones keep on a-comin'. Graphics look good though.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

09-10-2009, 07:47 PM
reminds me of this game

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=15117

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Easy for me to get this one...

FLY NAVY!!!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Easy for me to get this one...

FLY NAVY!!!
cool, tell us how it plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-10-2009, 09:04 PM
This looks very good.
Screen shots however are not indicative of gameplay. Video would be nice.
I get worried when more features are promised in updates. More often than not it is dependent on the level of sales.
09-10-2009, 09:06 PM
First impressions after only about 5 minutes of play -

So - very similar to Flight Control, and if your only interest is in game mechanics - there is nothing new here.

BUT - if you are like me, and ambience is part of the game experience - this game has a LOT going for it.

As in the screen shots - you have an aircraft carrier and I'm guessing a San Antonio Class LPD for the helos.

The are radio calls being made -although they are somewhat repetitive (especially everytime you make a change, or draw a line you get a "Roger That") but overall adds a lot to the ambience.

Additionally as noted in the screen shots - you have F14, E2, S3 and A6s all in the landing patterns, as well as the SH-60 getting in the mix. Added to this are planes requesting clearance to take off - with calls of "Cat 1 (or 2) ready for take off"

As in Flight Control things are initially slow, and gradually more and more planes and helos start coming in, and all want to land at their locations. My best after 3 tries is 40. The planes have different speeds as one would expect with the F14 taking the lead, the S3 and A6 being about middle, the E2 being slightly slower, and the SH 60 being the slowest.

Graphics look very nice.

So overall - I have to be somewhat biased - I really like the ambience, and playing this brings back a little smell of JP-5, and remembrance of the flight deck. The planned updates if they happen would really make this game shine. Definitely will need some additional levels, as having only the one carrier and helo landing area is going to limit the appeal of this game, but the start is good enough for me to be an enthusiatic supporter, and for those of you with some salt behind your ears, this game will bring back some great memories for you.

For you pollywogs - it plays like Flight Control, pure and simple. The enviroment is very different though, and it has the capacity to be very diffferent than flight control with the planned updates. I say - take a chance - support these guys and we will definitely get a great game. For what is here is very polished, with no hiccups. Graphics as I mentioned are great, and the whole Naval Aviation theme is really done nicely throughout the app.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Wow, Pluto. What a nice write up. Ok, you convinced me.
I'll post my own impressions later.
09-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Flight Deck Developer

I want to thank Paul first of all for inviting me to this Forum. It would be ridiculous of me NOT to expect to be compared to Flight Control, but believe it or not, I started on this game just before Flight Control was released. And to be honest, I stopped working on it several times because of that. But I felt that given the respect I have for the military and that fact that I was a shipbuilder by trade at the time, I needed to see it through. I've worked on the LPD 22 and 24 which are still under construction at NGSS in Pascagoula, MS. I have always been a hugh fan of the military and wanted to be a Naval Aviator when I graduated, but alas, things didn't work out. Apparently, you have to be able to see to fly 30 million dollar jets.... ;-)

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for all the encouraging comments and to let you know I will be making these updates as promised and I will be open to any suggestions for improvements. I sent a Paul a short list of just a few things that were not listed I plan for the next major update. I will be uploading a minor tweak in the next few days including a more REALISTIC water treatment.

Thanks again and I'm glad to be apart of the forum.
09-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman696 View Post
I want to thank Paul first of all for inviting me to this Forum. It would be ridiculous of me NOT to expect to be compared to Flight Control, but believe it or not, I started on this game just before Flight Control was released. And to be honest, I stopped working on it several times because of that. But I felt that given the respect I have for the military and that fact that I was a shipbuilder by trade at the time, I needed to see it through. I've worked on the LPD 22 and 24 which are still under construction at NGSS in Pascagoula, MS. I have always been a hugh fan of the military and wanted to be a Naval Aviator when I graduated, but alas, things didn't work out. Apparently, you have to be able to see to fly 30 million dollar jets.... ;-)

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for all the encouraging comments and to let you know I will be making these updates as promised and I will be open to any suggestions for improvements. I sent a Paul a short list of just a few things that were not listed I plan for the next major update. I will be uploading a minor tweak in the next few days including a more REALISTIC water treatment.

Thanks again and I'm glad to be apart of the forum.

Well welcome to TA Bossman, going to get this game and give some feedback when I get another GC seeing as pluto6 enjoyed it. Btw my GF brother is a Naval aviator so im sure he'll like it too

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com