★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Theres nine quintillion, two hundred twenty-three quadrillion, three hundred seventy-two trillion, thirty-six billion, eight hundred fifty-four million, seven hundred seventy-five thousand, eight hundred and seven reasons to love Glooze.

Thats how many unique shapes are included with each theme.

"...a wonderfully beautiful and addictive game..." - appPicker.com
"Its a perfect game to play anytime and anywhere." - AppUnwrapper.com

Game play is easy to learn, yet hard to master:
- Swipe left, right, up or down to move shapes
- Adjacent matching shapes merge to form higher level shapes and score points
- Each move adds an additional shape
- If there are no free spaces and shapes cannot be merged the game is over!

Glooze includes:
- Standard mode. Reach higher levels, explore shapes or just meditate
- Timed mode. Race against the clock
- Multiplayer mode. Race against your friends and the world
- Standard and Timed leaderboards
- Zoom to see exquisite shape details
- 18 themes
- Theme view. Select a theme to play or change theme probabilities
- Share discovered shapes with friends

Standard themes:
Alien Technology, Bacterial Life, Carbon Dating, Dawn Arrival, Ectoplasm, Gold Trinkets, Japanese Seashore, Jurassic, Lemon and Lime, Luminous Mandalas, Martian Biology, Neon, Origami, Plain Packaging, Plastic Toys, Storm Front,The Blind Watchmaker, Upper Atmosphere

sea's comments:
Hey all,

I'm the developer for Glooze. It's a free, intriguing and addictive shape matching game. Glooze blends memory, visual recognition and strategic skill - and in the timed and multiplayer modes - speed and dexterity. The unique, beautifully rendered dynamic shapes are algorithmically generated from random seeds.

Intriguing dynamic shapes are generated completely algorithmically from random seeds from the 7 included themes. Players swipe matching shapes together to form new higher level shapes. As the game progresses, new shapes are formed, and the player must manage free space. If the the board fills, the game is over.

Glooze includes three modes, Standard, Timed and Multiplayer. In Standard mode, the object of the game is to achieve the highest score and level before the board fills. In Timed and Multiplayer the player must combine speed and strategy to achieve the highest score in a set time.

Included free in Glooze are 7 unique themes which determine how shapes are generated and their visual appearance and animation. Although there are common root forms in each theme, particular shapes are uniquely generated with each new game and level. Tapping each shape zooms in to display smaller details.

Glooze supports Game Center for highest scores and achievements, while online multiplayer connects up to 4 players in a timed match, including a chat feature.

Requires iOS 8.

Hope you enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers.
02-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Glooze Beta 1.1

Hi,

We're preparing a Glooze 1.1 update, and looking for a few more beta testers. This newest version of Glooze includes many more exciting themes, and fixes and improves various features.

If you would like to take part in a quick beta, or just see 1.1 before it's released, send me a PM with your email, and I'll add you to TestFlight.

And a great thanks to all those who've tried version 1.0!

Cheers.

02-15-2015, 11:47 PM
Still some beta slots remaining

Thanks to those who've taken up the offer of beta testing. We really appreciate it!

There's still spots remaining, so let my know via PM if you'd like some fun.

Developer of Jasper's Rocket
02-16-2015, 01:39 AM
Wow.

I haven't checked out the multiplayer or timed modes, as those are just not my jam. So, anything I write concerns standard mode.

Glooze is fascinating and beautiful and strange.

I'd rather continue on playing than posting. I'll have more to say soon, I'm sure. I just wanted to say this is beautiful and, at least in standard mode, very relaxing. Meditative, even. Which is precisely my jam.

I'm off to play with the themes now--I love this sort of thing!
02-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
Wow.

I haven't checked out the multiplayer or timed modes, as those are just not my jam. So, anything I write concerns standard mode.

Glooze is fascinating and beautiful and strange.

I'd rather continue on playing than posting. I'll have more to say soon, I'm sure. I just wanted to say this is beautiful and, at least in standard mode, very relaxing. Meditative, even. Which is precisely my jam.

I'm off to play with the themes now--I love this sort of thing!
I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying Glooze. Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback - really appreciate it!

"Glooze is fascinating and beautiful and strange"

I love this line! Can we use that in our marketing?

Last edited by sea; 02-16-2015 at 07:05 PM.
02-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea View Post
I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying Glooze. Thank your very much for your encouraging feedback - really appreciate it!

"Glooze is fascinating and beautiful and strange"

I love this line! Can we use that in our marketing?
You most certainly may.
02-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Interrupting a Glooze-wallow to say that this game is making me go "oooh" ridiculously often. Some of the shapes are so beautiful!

I did wind up trying the timed mode. And I like it. I normally don't enjoy timed anything, but this is fine.

I even like the sounds, and I almost always play with sound off. (I find most game sounds really annoying.) That little "snick" sound in Glooze really appeals to me. It's actually ASMR-adjacent.

OK, back to the pretty....
02-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
Interrupting a Glooze-wallow to say that this game is making me go "oooh" ridiculously often. Some of the shapes are so beautiful!

I did wind up trying the timed mode. And I like it. I normally don't enjoy timed anything, but this is fine.

I even like the sounds, and I almost always play with sound off. (I find most game sounds really annoying.) That little "snick" sound in Glooze really appeals to me. It's actually ASMR-adjacent.

OK, back to the pretty....
Hey Valentia,

I know what you mean by game sounds. I often find them rather grating, especially late at night, when you just want to chill. When we were preparing the sounds, we tried to make them round and organic (if that makes sense), in keeping with the shape generation algorithms.

I must admit however, I wasn't sure what ASMR meant, so I had to google it. Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to?

Cheers.

02-17-2015, 08:39 PM
I've just uploaded a video showing Glooze Version 1.1 game play on an iPhone 6.

02-18-2015, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea View Post
Hey Valentia,

I know what you mean by game sounds. I often find them rather grating, especially late at night, when you just want to chill. When we were preparing the sounds, we tried to make them round and organic (if that makes sense), in keeping with the shape generation algorithms.

I must admit however, I wasn't sure what ASMR meant, so I had to google it. Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to?

Cheers.
"Round and organic" is, I think, an excellent way to sum up not just the sounds but the game as a whole. It feels organic, from the way the shapes alter to the way the screen fades seamlessly to the next one when you finish a game and begin a new one to the way the theme colors affect the menu. Organic is a perfect word for this game.

Yep, ASMR is Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. I think this is the first time I've ever experienced it from a game! Yet another reason I like being a gloozer.