★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sandboxed Open World Crime Action 'Gangstar Vegas' (Gameloft, Universal) $1.99 > Free

12-17-2014, 06:43 AM
Sandboxed Open World Crime Action 'Gangstar Vegas' (Gameloft, Universal) $1.99 > Free

Free for the first time and for a limited time obviously. There are IAPs for real money (optional shortcut mode).

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-17-2014, 06:57 AM
The changelog says it's gone free to play now.

12-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Yeah it's free to play now and was on the edge of buying this but didn't buy it because spiderman 2 was a free to play title with a premium price. Spiderman 2 was the last game ever I will buy from gameloft, they have ruined so many good things for me, I hope we all learn from this, they will introduce a premium title and turn it into a free to play slowly, just remember that next time.
12-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmd View Post
Yeah it's free to play now and was on the edge of buying this but didn't buy it because spiderman 2 was a free to play title with a premium price. Spiderman 2 was the last game ever I will buy from gameloft, they have ruined so many good things for me, I hope we all learn from this, they will introduce a premium title and turn it into a free to play slowly, just remember that next time.
The last thing by Gameloft I've played was Modern Combat 4. I would prefer to play Glu's games.
Yeah, MC5 was an exception, but I bet it will become freemium eventually.
12-17-2014, 10:14 AM
God I bought this game damn, game loft used to be my favourite devs but they're going slowly down hill...
D ...
O ...
W ...
N ...

Sorry! Just had to do that! 😄👌

P.s it didn't work forget the dots!

Last edited by Takeo_Masaki; 12-17-2014 at 10:25 AM.
12-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
The last thing by Gameloft I've played was Modern Combat 4. I would prefer to play Glu's games.
Lol in my early years of ios gaming I was a big fan of glu's games haha. Gameloft is a huge company and used to be one of my favorite, I don't know how long they can keep doing this, they can't keep messing with customers forever expecting them to pay first and then turning the game freemium, there won't be anyone left who doesn't hate them
12-17-2014, 10:47 AM
While the FTP transition is saddening if try keep IAP to the minimum and keep them similar to Asphalt 8, then at least it would playable for most. Seriously Asphalt 8 is the best design for FTP I hope Gameloft takes notice of it along with other companies.
12-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo_Masaki View Post
God I bought this game damn, game loft used to be my favourite devs but they're going slowly down hill...
I disagree.

...With the " going slowly" part
12-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboWarrior View Post
While the FTP transition is saddening if try keep IAP to the minimum and keep them similar to Asphalt 8, then at least it would playable for most. Seriously Asphalt 8 is the best design for FTP I hope Gameloft takes notice of it along with other companies.
I agree, a bit Asphalt 8 is fun, and is fair to players.
The new Spider-Man game is a good free to play too
12-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Wow. Amazing statement.
If that was the last Gameloft game you played, it securely puts any of you're Gameloft comments (and you really do like making you're "comments" on them I see) in the "rant" and "rhetoric" based on zero experience of the games whatsoever.
Thanks for confirming what I always suspected.

It truly is simply staggering some of the stuff I'm reading here today.
Talk about first world "problems".