★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Be prepared to bend your mind! In TimeCube you can't control your character, but you can control the time around it!

Master your time control skill and pass 30 levels packed with obstacles and enemies! How far will you go before hitting yet another block?

Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am3NUoThYMU

TimeCube is a minimalistic game with beautiful origami-style graphics

- Inverted gameplay
- Time Control
- Minimalist graphics
- 30 increasingly challenging levels - to the point of being brutally hard
- GameCenter integration with Achievements and Leaderboards

SteamDragonGames's comments:
SteamDragon Games is proud to announce its first game - TimeCube!

About the game:
The basic goal of the game is simple: protect the TimeCube. Here comes the twist - you can't control it! Instead you can change the time around it! Slow down or speed up your surroundings and keep the TimeCube from hitting various obstacles.

Features:
  1. Inverted gameplay
  2. Time Control
  3. Minimalist graphics
  4. 24 increasingly challenging levels - to the point of being brutally hard
  5. GameCenter integration with Achievements and Leaderboards (GPS on Android)

Gameplay trailer:

More + hi-res screenshots in gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/BqK38#0

Launch:
TimeCube will launch on Thursday, December 18th on Apple App Store and Google Play as a true free-to-play game - with no micro transactions or any in-app purchases. Instead were relying purely on the ad-support model.

About SteamDragon Games:
SteamDragon Games is a new studio founded by lead developer of multiple mobile hits like Zombie Road Trip, Zombie Road Trip Trials and Tiki Totems saga. Additionally, members of the team behind TimeCube worked on such titles as Witcher 2, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Anomaly 2 and more. While TimeCube is our first game, were sure youll hear more about us in the coming months!

PS: Since the game is not yet available in certain regions, you can PM me for a promo code and I'll gladly send you one
12-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Catched the first code from the upcoming thread.
Thank you very much ! Some imps are coming later, of course.

12-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Great game, just reach stage 6 after dying 40 times on stage 5.

It's Zen and Exciting at the same time, very clever put together.

It has the full GameCenter treatment so great overall.
12-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Game Impressions

12-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Wow. Love the graphics here... The gameplay almost has that sort of Duet vibe (though obviously not the same type of gameplay... It just gave me that Duet feeling). It also looks like something my wife'll like. She's more into the time management and building sims, but I'm always on the lookout for something we can pass-n-play...

Anywho... Ramble ramble ramble.
12-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Really enjoying this one. As SV mentioned above, this has a bit of a duet vibe, but with different game mechanics.

Tapping the left side of the screen slows time down for you and tapping on the right speeds time up. There are different levels of speed so multiple taps are requires to hit slowest or fastest.

The thing that got me off-timed when i first started is that im used to bullet time, where my character is involved and affected by the slomo. In Timecube, you forward speed is never affected. Everything around you is affected though. Once you grasp this concept, the game opens up, and the real fun begins.

I havent been playing with sound coz i have the baby sleeping on my chest (of course i dont want to wake him by using sounds or standing up to get some earphones), but this game would be fantastic with the appropriate bgm and sound effects, which i hope it does.
12-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Tapping the left side of the screen slows time down for you and tapping on the right speeds time up. There are different levels of speed so multiple taps are requires to hit slowest or fastest.
Tip: you don't need to tap, you can just hold the "button" and it will keep changing the speed till the limit

Quote:
The thing that got me off-timed when i first started is that im used to bullet time, where my character is involved and affected by the slomo. In Timecube, you forward speed is never affected. Everything around you is affected though. Once you grasp this concept, the game opens up, and the real fun begins.
Properly inversing a well-known mechanic and doing it in a fun way was our goal from the very beginning

Quote:
I havent been playing with sound coz i have the baby sleeping on my chest (of course i dont want to wake him by using sounds or standing up to get some earphones), but this game would be fantastic with the appropriate bgm and sound effects, which i hope it does.
High-five! (father of 2yo + 6mo here)

Personally I think the music really matches the vibe of the game but I'd really like hear your opinion on it!

Founder / Owner @ SteamDragon Games - TimeCube

Previously: Co-Founder / Lead Programmer @ Spokko - Zombie Road Trip - Zombie Road Trip Trials - Tiki Totems 2 - Tiki Lavalanche and others
12-17-2014, 02:32 PM
@Sanuku Love it. Thanks for the video replay! Did you enjoy playing?

As my colleague said I made new crazy levels ready for the update! These are even more challenging and time... bending

Game Designer / Owner @ JamCastle
12-17-2014, 03:34 PM
I see you guys are from Poland, congrats on your football win against Germany a few months back, saw that match on T.V.

Game is great fun by the way.
12-17-2014, 03:35 PM
This was posted earlier before this thread was created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScornedNerdvana View Post
I love it, it's reminisicent of Super Hexagon, but a lot less painful on the eyes. Still can't get past the first checkpoint, but it is 4am... A solid four stars from me!
Definily not Super hexagon for me. I'm getting more of a duet vibe. At first I thought this was lame but now that I'm stuck on the third section it's become very challenging like duet can be and just as addicting.
It would be nice to have some sort of indication of how fast or slow you're going, as in fast 1, 2, 3/slow 1, 2, 3.