★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who Isn't Excited About Rolando?

12-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Who Isn't Excited About Rolando?

Personally I don't see the big deal about it, but then again I haven't played it. I am on the sideline until I see some reviews about it
12-18-2008, 04:48 AM
I agree. I find Rolando rather shallow and pedantic...

12-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Me
Don't understand the hype. But I guess I will try it out.
12-18-2008, 04:49 AM
I never understood what all the hype was about. I still don't see what's so special about it, even after watching the video that was just posted. I will look at the reviews when they come out, but right now I personally don't see myself buying it. Not only that, but I don't really know how unbiased reviews for this game can be, since it seems most game sites were already sold on the idea.

I mean, it looks cute and all, but I'm not into buying games for their "cute" factor.

Last edited by DarthBradicus; 12-18-2008 at 04:52 AM.
12-18-2008, 04:50 AM
I really really like this game, but yeah it is overhyped. Probably due to all the suckage around the app store, which makes a lot of sense.
12-18-2008, 05:42 AM
i have been playing it, its good but its so easy
12-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
While i'm still on the fence as to whether i'll get this game .... you have to give credit to NGmoco as being a shining star in iPhone development .... their games are well created, polished, humerous and totally fit with the iphone platform.

I wish more dev teams took note of their work.
12-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Well I was keen to get it, despite the completely over-blown hype that surrounded it. Now I have it I'm a bit 'meh' about it - it's OK, but I'm not really feeling the Rolando love. It is a *lot* like LocoRoco, but not as cute or as engaging visually, and so it definitely comes second to that game. I've found the controls to be a bit infuriating as well and the rolandos roll like they're going through molasses - they're so slow I want to give them a kick up the backside to move them along faster

"Arthur & Charles Present Create & Play" now available on the App Store
iTunes - Arthur & Charles Website
12-18-2008, 05:54 AM
To me, it seems very similar to Loco Roco on the PSP, but maybe a little more interesting. My girlfriend loved that game, so I'm gonna wait till I give her the iPhone I got her for Christmas, and let her buy it! It does seem like there's a bit too much hype for it though.
12-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synagence View Post
While i'm still on the fence as to whether i'll get this game .... you have to give credit to NGmoco as being a shining star in iPhone development .... their games are well created, polished, humerous and totally fit with the iphone platform.

I wish more dev teams took note of their work.
You think so? I must admit I've been left cold by all their other releases to date. Don't forget that the whole idea and a vast amount of the development for Rolando was not done by ngmoco - they came along as publisher, got the original dev on board, and helped get the thing finished.

"Arthur & Charles Present Create & Play" now available on the App Store
iTunes - Arthur & Charles Website