★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hailed as the greatest digital innovation since digital sliced bread, Nut Run is an extremely addictive, entertaining, lighthearted, supple exploration into the life of the mysterious Australian Aviator Squirrel.

Help this high-speed running Australian Squirrel dodge dangerous tree branches on a rotating log with unpredictable movements .Guide the little fella with your thumb around the branches and try and score as many nuts as you can.

Along the way help him collect the magic 3D nuts that give him powers of invincibility and turn him into a hero.

** This is the mega-game of 2015 **

***** Dodge Much Branch *****
***** Eat Many Nut *****
***** Be The Squirrel *****
Such fun, much happy. Get now play fun.

NutRun's comments:
An Aussie game made by Aussies!

Help this Australian Aviator Squirrel dodge a maze of unexpected obstacles on an ever-changing log. Sounds easy? Good luck getting past 20 first round. It's VERY fun and VERY addictive.

Don't take my word for it...try it out!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nut-run/id914771128?ls=1&mt=8

Also available on Android! Search for "Nut Run" in the Android Play Store (Developer Nathan Khoury)

12-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Would LOVE some feedback

12-17-2014, 09:30 PM
ALSO - I got a deal for Touch Arcade members....1st person to post a score of 1,000 wins $100.00

(no hacks obviously!)
12-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
What part of Australia are you guys from? Brisbane here.

It does seem fun but perhaps a little too intense - perhaps a slightly slower difficulty level could be added?

Suggestions:
* Allow little lulls in intensity. I hate to bring up 'Flappy Bird' but this kinda feels like a thousand deaths are coming in a very short space of time. It's well-designed for getting back into the game at least. But maybe have some sections where the character movement is horizontal across branches, avoiding magpies or kookaburras and eating bugs? Break up the gameplay a little bit.
* Add some extra Australian flavour. This feels slightly too generic, let's have some Aussie pride

I do really like the chiptune during gameplay. Maybe a didgeridoo / Aboriginal clapping sticks / bush type track could work better though for the theme. Again, flavour

A good start to build on. I know it's a free game but think if you do some polishing, you could have something people would happily spend a few dollars on. Keep it up

Last edited by Zendorphin; 12-17-2014 at 11:00 PM.
12-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Hi Zendorphin!

I'm from Sydney mate! I LOVE Brisbane

Thanks heaps for the tips bud - really appreciate it

I love the Aussie'fication ideas you have!! I will definitely look into adding those.

We have pushed an update out that makes the start easier and gradually more difficult. It is out on Android now and will be pushed to Apple in the next day or so - so keep an eye out for it

What's your best score??

You have any games out?
12-18-2014, 05:11 AM
12-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutRun View Post
Hi Zendorphin!

I'm from Sydney mate! I LOVE Brisbane

Thanks heaps for the tips bud - really appreciate it

I love the Aussie'fication ideas you have!! I will definitely look into adding those.

We have pushed an update out that makes the start easier and gradually more difficult. It is out on Android now and will be pushed to Apple in the next day or so - so keep an eye out for it

What's your best score??

You have any games out?
You've had a scary week down there! Glad you are ok!

Best score is just 19 but haven't played it that much yet. I'm sure I'll get better I just find the whole rotating tree thing a bit abstract... seems it's turning in water?

Maybe have Tony Abbott swimming past in his budgie smugglers? Or an Alf Stewart possum? LOL

I don't have any games out YET but hoping to get one out next year. About to go into a film course at JMC (which has a campus in Sydney) and there are game students there so I can work with some of them no doubt Music students too so that will be a useful little network. Have some decent ideas, one with a definite Aussie flavour (which I can't believe any company hasn't done on any format let alone iOS)...so will be a good year creatively I think.