★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the single hardest part of space travel is docking

-Featured on the iTunes front page in the US & Canada! Thanks, Apple! *sheepyhugs*-

4/5 from Touch Arcade: "gets at the heart of classic arcade games, where simple controls often managed to translate into complex behavior."

A 2D Pixel Art game by Quantum Sheep, inspired by the docking sequence from the classic Elite as well as Kubricks seminal work, 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Pilot your ship across 10 systems to dock in 100 stations and make your way home! Swipe to move, tap + hold to stop!

Stations rotate, making docking tricky. Then theres those pesky space pirates to deal with. Asteroid fields. Mines. Wormholes.

But the trickiest part, by far, is docking! As youll soon discover!

Good luck, Pilot! :D

Features:

100 space stations across 10 different systems to dock with!
10 different spaceships to unlock and fiy!
Six chiptune music tracks provided by the awesome Classical 8bit http://classical8bit.tumblr.com
Challenging hazards such as asteroids, space pirates, mines, wormholes and even mysterious black monoliths!
Excess fuel unlocks different colour schemes!
Rescuing astronauts unlocks new music!
No IAP or Ads!

*warning* Though the game will work on an original iPad, expect better performance on more capable devices.

metalcasket's comments:

Docking Sequence

Quantum Sheep
Genres: Games Arcade Navigation Simulation
GAME CENTER ENABLED
0.69 GBP

Quote:
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that the single hardest part of space travel is docking

A 2D Pixel Art game by Quantum Sheep, inspired by the docking sequence from the classic Elite as well as Kubricks seminal work, 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Pilot your ship across 10 systems to dock in 100 stations and make your way home!

Stations rotate, making docking tricky. Then theres those pesky space pirates to deal with. Asteroid fields. Mines. Wormholes.

But the trickiest part, by far, is docking! As youll soon discover!

Good luck, Pilot!

Features:

100 space stations across 10 different systems to dock with!
10 different spaceships to unlock and fiy!
Six chiptune music tracks provided by the awesome Classical 8bit http://classical8bit.tumblr.com
Challenging hazards such as asteroids, space pirates, mines, wormholes and even mysterious black monoliths!
Excess fuel unlocks different colour schemes!
Rescuing astronauts unlocks new music!
No IAP or Ads!

*warning* Though the game will work on an original iPad, expect better performance on more capable devices.

NOTE: I'm v. sorry about the lack of screenshots/wrong screenshots. I put in placeholder images and the app was approved before I could change them. Hopefully the video will show you what that game's about!

Sorry! :O

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5s
  • iPodTouchourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPad23G
  • iPad3G
  • iPadWifi
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone-3GS

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.0

Download Size: 31.1MB

12-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Weeeeeeeeee!!!!

12-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Sir!

We should both be in bed!

(Our OWN beds, casket! Watch those wandering hands of yours!)

Thanks so much for posting this - I am mentally drained (more so than usual)

And sorry all for the screenshot fiasco - I uploaded some placeholder images and they got stuck

Still, here's a video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And some proper screenshots:

I am off to make a tea, but will be back in 10 mins to answer any questions!

I may even say 'Yes, you at the back with your hand up! What is it?' in a teacherly manner...

Thanks again - hope you enjoy the game!

QS =D
12-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Here's some screenshots actually from the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B3tdA6gCEAESRhS.png
Views:	4
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	82042   Click image for larger version

Name:	10846099_10154906620050597_5398379988457476359_n.png
Views:	4
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	82043   Click image for larger version

Name:	B4Lu-UyIYAANmfL.png
Views:	3
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	82044  

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace

Last edited by Jerutix; 12-17-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Ohp, beat me to it. Probably for the best!
12-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumsheep View Post
Sir!

We should both be in bed!

(Our OWN beds, casket! Watch those wandering hands of yours!)

Thanks so much for posting this - I am mentally drained (more so than usual)
Oh man, it's 4:40 over here and I just burst out laughing! XD Don't worry my dear sheepy one, your furry little sheepy parts are safe. *runs away*

You know what buddy? The fact that you're always so emotionally and mentally drained whenever one of your games is set for release just makes me love you tenfold...it's so obvious that the entire process of making and releasing a game comes straight from your sheepy heart. <3 I'm so glad I'm able to say I was a fan from day one.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-17-2014, 09:45 PM
I didn't jump on the bandwagon until probably day 359, but as soon as I took the chance and downloaded my first QS game, I was an instant fan. Looking forward to this one.
12-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Having played just the first 5 docking sequences, I can safely repeat what I've said time and time again...QS makes some of the best games on the planet. I frickin' love this.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Could someone be so kind to explain how the controls work? Thank you :-)
12-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
You just swipe to move around (an increased rate of swiping will get you to move faster) and tapping stops your ship. I don't know if it gets more complicated than that later on, but that's it right now.

12-17-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm back with my tea! Now, where were we?

*dons X-Ray Specs*

Ah, here we are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Oh man, it's 4:40 over here and I just burst out laughing! XD Don't worry my dear sheepy one, your furry little sheepy parts are safe. *runs away*

You know what buddy? The fact that you're always so emotionally and mentally drained whenever one of your games is set for release just makes me love you tenfold...it's so obvious that the entire process of making and releasing a game comes straight from your sheepy heart. <3 I'm so glad I'm able to say I was a fan from day one.
I don't know how much more this little sheepy heart can take - but thank you for those lovely words!

Between you and I, I went into the kitchen to make my tea and burst into tears.

I DON'T KNOW WHY :O

It's all a bit much sometimes I guess??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I didn't jump on the bandwagon until probably day 359, but as soon as I took the chance and downloaded my first QS game, I was an instant fan. Looking forward to this one.
Awww - thank you! I hope you like it Day 359 fan!

Quote:
Having played just the first 5 docking sequences, I can safely repeat what I've said time and time again...QS makes some of the best games on the planet. I frickin' love this.
YES! \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Quote:
You just swipe to move around (an increased rate of swiping will get you to move faster) and tapping stops your ship. I don't know if it gets more complicated than that later on, but that's it right now.
MC's bang on the money. Swiping and tapping is all there is to it!

There are hazards later on and rotation/descent speed of the stations changes. Also, there's a variety of stations.

It's a very very simple idea, but hopefully people like it.

Thank you all you lovely people!

*sheepyhugs*

Any more questions, fire away!

QS =D

Last edited by quantumsheep; 12-17-2014 at 10:07 PM.