★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rondo Rocket
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 37.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: As a one man army you will battle hordes of ninjaz on the ground and in the air with your twin swords! Tap left or right on the screen to attack the endless waves of ninjaz and when your energy starts to run low tap on the energy orbs to rebuild your strength and crush the ninjaz into the ground.

* Defeat 99 Ninjaz to advance to the next level
* 5 unique ground levels
* Flight level
* Intense gameplay that requires lightning fast reflexes
* Stunning art and music

RondoRocket's comments:
Hey all you fine folks at TA! My latest game just rolled out so if you get a chance to give it a try I'd love to hear your feedback! I also posted a gameplay video.

Thanks,
Matt

12-18-2014, 04:28 AM
12-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the video!

Would still love to get some more feedback if anyone has had a chance to give it a play.

Thanks TA folks!
12-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Nice artwork/visuals, and the lightning/weather gives the game a great atmosphere (although sometimes hinders gameplay by distracting/obstructing view).

The game just feels like chaotic tapping, rather than reflex and coordination demanding. The gameplay is too simple and too fast to give the player a sense of accomplishment when they do make progression.

I feel like you should add in a throwing star mechanism and slow down the enemies. Make 4 or 5 tap zones on the screen instead of 2 (3 more top half of screen). Far enemies require throwing stars, close enemies require sword. Reduce the amount of enemies, and even slow them down. Have a short cool-down period for throwing stars/attacks.

Just suggestions . It's a fun game, and I saw that no one left feedback on it, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
12-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Amazing feedback, xzamplezz! I really appreciate you taking the time to give suggestions on how to improve the game - it's exactly what I was looking for.

In a previous iteration of the game I did have throwing stars but like you said since the game is so chaotic it didn't work very well... but maybe in what you are describing with "tap zones" it would be more effective.

Just out of curiosity did you realize you had to tap on the different colored orbs to rebuild your energy? Not sure it's obvious or not, even with the "TAP" words blinking above them.

Thanks again!