★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is an awesome retro platformer style game with interesting gameplay, good controls and engrossing story. You have to jump and avoid obstacles.

Your sister needs your help! She's lost in a haunted house and you are the only one who can help her!

FEATURES
plenty of enemies and obstacles
pixel art and chiptune retro style game
6 chapters
48 hardcore levels
cool animated cutscenes before chapters
double/walk jumps

Story tells that the interior of the big house on the hill is made of gold. It belonged to some creepy guy called Mr. Gold that destroyed a lot of human beings to get rich. All his wealth was located in this house. After his death a lot of daredevils were trying to possess his richness but everyone who entered the Golden House stayed there forever. Legend says that Mr. Gold and all of his victims are haunting this place. No one will survive there! Unfortunately, your sister entered the Golden House. You have to save her before bloody deamons kill her and change her into one of them.

8bitmfker's comments:

Golden House - Official Trailer

For those who don't like ads, there is a premium version
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/golden-house-premium-edition/id948168304?mt=8
12-18-2014, 08:31 AM
This is one of the best speed runners I've seen since mikey hooks. The controls are perfect.

12-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Fun until I got to level 5 and it won't render correctly making it pretty impossible to go on.

Edit- got past it finally, and next level appears to be fine.
12-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Thank you for the feedback guys!

iamseamonster: could you tell me what device and iOS version you are using? I tested the game a lot and situation like yours never happened to me.
I started to work on update (more levels/enemies/obstacles are coming) and I would like to get rid of the bugs also.
12-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Hmm... Looks really nice! Will give it a go later. In one of those screenshots, one of the enemies looks just like one of the monsters in Silent Hill! Nice touch!
12-18-2014, 11:42 AM
This is a fun game, I'm having some problems with the wall jumping but maybe it's just me. Nice job

Game Center: sink_or_swim
12-18-2014, 12:39 PM
skylined87: Yeah, it's Pyramidhead My favourite horror character from one of the best games ever made.

A lot of things in this game are inspired by my childhood fascinations i.e. graphics. All of the assets (except backgrounds) are made using Sega Master System palette because I loved playing Sonic on Sega console when I was a child
12-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Gameplay By IPLAY

please fix problem with the wall jumping , it make me die so much . and your game like mario + ninja , it will better if i can kill enemy when I jump on top of it . more trap for begin level 1->10 but jump so much and so hard . i like this game so much .
12-18-2014, 02:07 PM
binlabu: Hehe, nice video. Actually, I was thinking about adding the ability to kill enemies by jumping on the top of them. Maybe I will make a poll and if enough TA users like it I will add it.
First few levels are only the starters, the game complicates more when you go further.

Last edited by 8bitmfker; 12-18-2014 at 02:10 PM.
12-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Hey!
I remember the topic about this game in Up comming games , I was realy curious about how the final gameplay will looks like. I am glad that you have finally finished it! it's realy awesome!