★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Grabl made me do something that hasnt happened in a while. I played until my iPhone 'died,' then I charged it up and drained it again." - AppCraver.com

"Addictive? For someone who loves playing with words, yes." - theiphoneappreview.com

"Grabl resembles scrabble, but it's for one player, and it's great. The interface is finely tuned to take advantage of the iPhone platform, and the game play is fun." - AppAlbum.com

Grabl is a fast-paced, addicting, word building game for iPhone and iPod Touch!

Score points by dragging the letter tiles from the bottom of the screen onto the gridded board to make words that connect to each other. Longer words earn more points! Scroll and zoom to see the entire play area. Earn new tiles by spelling words! Race against the clock, but try not to leave any tiles unused when your time runs out!

Check out the demo on youtube: use http://bit.ly/LQiwT or search for 'grabl'

Feature Highlights:

*Intuitive controls
*Multiple game modes
*Online high scores
*Customizable background (use your own photos!)
*Show your boards to friends over email via "show off your board" feature
*Fun sound effects
*Addicting, endless fun!

Here's how to play:

You start out with a blank grid on the top half of the screen and 14 tiles in your "hand" at the bottom of the screen. Drag the tiles onto the grid to spell words. When you spell a valid word, it will be highlighted in yellow. Spelling words earns you points and more tiles (press the "more please" button to get your earned tiles). Longer words are worth more points! When your time runs out at the end of a round, any unused tiles count against your score.

Grabl has 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 5:00 game modes as well as a special mode called "frenzy!" where you start out with only 30 seconds on the clock and earn more time as you spell words.

Grab it today!

Yappler-Tags: word,game,build,anagram,spell,arrange,frenzy,cross,board,tile

rocketmaker's comments:
Rocketmaker Productions today announces the release of Grabl, an original iPhone word game where you spell connected words by dragging lettered tiles onto a gridded board. Grabl's addictive gameplay, intuitive controls, online high scores, and ability to show off the boards you create to friends via email will keep you hooked for hours!

Feature Highlights:

* Intuitive controls
* Multiple game modes
* Online high scores
* Customizable background (use your own photos!)
* Show off your boards to friends via email
* Fun sound effects
* Addicting, endless fun!

Here's how you play:

You start out with a blank, scrollabe grid on the top half of the screen and 14 tiles in your "hand" at the bottom of the screen. Drag the tiles onto the grid to spell words. When you spell a valid word, it will be highlighted in yellow. Spelling words earns you points and more tiles (press the "more please" button to get your earned tiles). Longer words are worth more points! When your time runs out at the end of a round, any unused tiles count against your score.

Grabl has 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 5:00 game modes as well as a special mode called "frenzy!" where you start out with only 30 seconds on the clock and earn more time as you spell words.

Grabl is available at an introductory price of $2.99 USD. Check it out!
http://www.rocketmaker.com/grabl/

09-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Looks like a fun word game - do you have video or link to a video of the game in action?

Welcome to TA also.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

09-11-2009, 02:36 PM
09-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Hey Shermy808, thanks for posting the video, you beat me to it
09-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice concept.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
09-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketmaker View Post
Hey Shermy808, thanks for posting the video, you beat me to it
No problem. I'm a sucker for a good word game. This one has me hovering near the buy button...
09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote:
No problem. I'm a sucker for a good word game. This one has me hovering near the buy button...
Well, if you really like word games, I would give this one a shot. I spent about 10 months developing it and I still enjoy playing it
09-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Congrats on being featured on the first page of the "What's Hot" in the game section of the App Store! At least one important person has seen the ingenuity and high level of polish in Grabl!
09-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Looks like my favorite word game of all time: Bananagrams.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
09-25-2009, 03:56 AM
i like it very much 2