★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Flunky is a simple but hard skill game.
Travel trough the objects and catch some gems along the way.
Get some skill to get further and break the highscore!

This app runs best on iphone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6plus

evert's comments:
Hi there!

Its my first post on this forum, and I would like to show you guys my latest game for iOS! Its a tiny free game but you need some skill to get high points.
You gets points for the distance you travel and also when you catch some gems along the way.

Its my first real game, so feel free to leave your feedback or comments below!

note: this app works best on all iphone 5's and 6's

itunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flunky/id946720365?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8
price: Free
size: 7.7 MB

I also have a little twitter competition so feel free to join!

Kind regards
and I hope you guys like it

12-21-2014, 07:13 AM
I've just given this a quick try and I do like it and it seems hard but I did get a high score of 47 not sure how good that is? It good for a quick go when you don't have much time or you are on the toilet!!

Just need an option to remove ads.
12-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj132 View Post
I've just given this a quick try and I do like it and it seems hard but I did get a high score of 47 not sure how good that is? It good for a quick go when you don't have much time or you are on the toilet!!

Just need an option to remove ads.
Thanks for the feedback!
You can get more points but you have to learn it a bit.
you can easily learn to jump back mid-air.

The game needs some bug fixes and options like more characters etc.. to make a 99cent pay without ads button. It must we worth the 99cent for the players.

I also created a little video for the game:
http://vimeo.com/115097711

Last edited by evert; 12-21-2014 at 10:20 AM.
12-23-2014, 07:19 AM
I was able to get a score of 91 in the game. Nice, quick game. I like the flappy-bird concept and I especially like that you've got an instruction at the start of every game telling players to tap.

The clouds in the background give a good parallax. Sometimes, I felt like the spikes were also moving at different rates, top and bottom (which wasn't true but looked that way because of the clouds). Good job.

Music was fun too, not annoying. Only a minor comment: I opened the app for the first time to see an in-game ad. Not even a menu screen or anything, first thing I saw was an ad. Please change that.

I agree with mj132, you need a 99c option to remove ads. I'd probably buy that, even with the game the way it is.

Thanks for a fun game!
12-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingware View Post
I was able to get a score of 91 in the game. Nice, quick game. I like the flappy-bird concept and I especially like that you've got an instruction at the start of every game telling players to tap.

The clouds in the background give a good parallax. Sometimes, I felt like the spikes were also moving at different rates, top and bottom (which wasn't true but looked that way because of the clouds). Good job.

Music was fun too, not annoying. Only a minor comment: I opened the app for the first time to see an in-game ad. Not even a menu screen or anything, first thing I saw was an ad. Please change that.

I agree with mj132, you need a 99c option to remove ads. I'd probably buy that, even with the game the way it is.

Thanks for a fun game!
Hey thanks for playing my game and the cool feedback!
I'm working on some bug fixes for the moment and will and the 99cent button.

Fixes need to be done:
- rotating replay button is a little bit off.
- game hero glitches when tapping to fast
- universal build is stretched on iphone 4 en ipad's
- automatic Game Center login does not really work. A lot of scores won't show up. I have 450 downloads and only 17players in the leaderboard, so thats a bit strange or is that normal?
- small minor bug fixes..

what needs to be added?:
- 99cent ad button
- character choice
- opening menu

Thanks again!
01-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Hi all! after 14days apple approved my little update! - 1.1 out now!
Whats new?

- Automatic Game Center login (din't work last time)
- I fixed some minor bugs
- Some small design changes in the menu, and the replay button is not rotating anymore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flunky/id946720365?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8

Hey guys, i just started a blog about my games! check it out!
http://evertsindiedevblog.tumblr.com

Last edited by psj3809; 01-15-2015 at 10:33 AM.