★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Legend of the Black Shawarma tells of a pita so mystic, so divine and so tasty, that those who have a bite will be blessed with eternal life. Hearing this you find yourself in the Black forest, facing peril and hardship which you must overcome to reach the ultimate prize. Run through the Black Forest, meet the creatures who defend the treasure and SMASH them silly. Face the bosses and unlock new worlds. Search the Forest for weapons which will maximize your creative smashing skills, like bombs, shotguns and the chainsaw.

Smashing the Opponent is an exciting new game brought to you by the sonic masters, Infected Mushroom. Creators of the psychedelic trance scene, I.Zen and Duvdev will blast your mind and set the vibe for the ultimate smashing. Featuring original infected music and never released trance tracks.

Immerse yourself in the vivid mind of artist Jeff McMillan which original designs bring life to the Black Forest.

Game Features:
*Original music and never released tracks by Infected Mushroom.
*Original art design by Jeff McMillian.
*Fun packed action smashing creatures.
*3d First person action hand combat and shooter game.
*15 unique créatures to smash
*3 worlds
*8 hand combat weapons
*Bombs for extra smashing
*Shotgun bonus weapon

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-11-2009, 05:33 AM
artwork is nice but I'll wait till I see it in motion (video anyone?)

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor

09-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by estyst View Post
artwork is nice but I'll wait till I see it in motion (video anyone?)
I`m looking for the video too. Their website is really slow
http://eu.infected-mushroom.com/

EDIT: No idea WTH is this. No info about the game on the website. Not even a mention

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-11-2009 at 05:47 AM.
09-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Da hell? Since when did Infected Mushroom get into iPhone development? Normally they're busy composing rather weird psytrance. This game does kind of fit their overall motif though: Odd, and perhaps occasionally compelling. But mostly odd.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Ok, I downloaded as soon as I saw it!

I'm exhausted and need to go to bed, but not before giving you guys some quick impressions

The music of course is awesome! There's new unreleased tracks, and stuff like their Doors mash Riders of the Storm.

The graphics are extremely unique. You start on the unlocked 3D Forest level. The other two levels are Caves and Winter.

It's REALLY psychadelic, and I mean REALLY, but incredibly beautiful avantgarde artwork/color sketches of trees on a moon lit night that has light globes flying around as you run thru the forest (thru the trees as they appear etherial as you approach them) grabbing food and mushrooms and weapons.
Each level introduces a new enemy: first is trolls, next is a gnome like dudes, then the walking celery on level 3. But it just adds new enemies at the same difficulty level, there's just more of them to smash with your stick (basic melee), or shot gun if you grab one (with 10 shells I think).

Cons:
The enemies are 2d and just bounce towards you, pretty gay, as is the weapons. No specific aiming, just swing/shoot in general direction, and they "fly" up and outta there.
You move with a really dumb cross d-pad.
And, worst of all, you have to start at the beginning if you die (get smashed). Can't save progress. I did hit something by accident that asked if I wanted to quit, but don't know what it was.

All in all, if they update it as promised, it has awesome potential!!!
The sound is great again, and I really think running around the level is worth the experience, its pretty trippy, just the battle and enemy mechanics are still rough and "unfinished". So, I'd say a definite buy if it was 99cents as is.

All right, will play more later and check back!
Note: now this is what bands should do for promotion. Way better than T-Pain. Price must be right. Each level does have a link to the song being played. Smart.

Last edited by Dark NRG; 09-11-2009 at 06:37 AM.
09-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Ok, I played this more. Again, I wish I could save my game, but this really is pretty funky 3d, I have 550 apps, and nothing is like this!
Plus the music is dope, no pun intended
09-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll buy this later. Going to see Infected Mushroom with some friends soon, so I guess its time I get hyped up

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
09-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Sounds interesting and it looks like Zeno Clash. I'm keeping my eye on this one.

Gameloft LIVE: Lethal_Tuna
Plus Network: nbgfr478ii
"Have a Nice Day!"
09-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
I'll buy this later. Going to see Infected Mushroom with some friends soon, so I guess its time I get hyped up
Where are they out of? I see a lot of ppl with Infected Mushroom shirts on here in Pittsburgh, but I think they're from Ohio, unless I'm confusing with Mushroom Head LOL
09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
Where are they out of? I see a lot of ppl with Infected Mushroom shirts on here in Pittsburgh, but I think they're from Ohio, unless I'm confusing with Mushroom Head LOL
They come from Israel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infected_Mushroom

Pretty major techno act, though.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.