Free Competitive Games with Cash Prizes question

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Dec 21, 2014.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I love a good challenge especially if I have above average skills in those areas and if there is a way to test those skills against other players I find it particularly interesting. I had this in when I played hockey, baseball, pool, chess etc. Now I want to explore this in the game app area. A free game that requires a level of skill that more than one players participates in and award a weekly, month cash prize to the player who tops the list.

Does anyone know the rules regarding this for IOS and Android games?

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    It depends on your country and the country you are putting your product into. To get an answer just email Apple/Google play store and they will tell you. No point in taking second hand knowledge here.

However there are number of providers trying to explore this.

My feeling is if you charge for an IAP which improves your chances of winning it will be illegal in many countries.

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I am not interested in collecting a fee. The games will be totally free and will reward you based on your skill level for that week.

I did this before and gave away about $50,000 in iPods, iTouch and cash. That was before there was before they had smart phone games. I had one lady who won over 20 iPods. She was very good at word games:)

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I personally won a over $100 in cash and probably a couple $100 in free iPod cases from you Lajo A LONG time ago (10 years?). You were always so generous finding fun ways to hold contests and giveaways. #

5. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    My clients helped me make a few million by buying my iPod cases so I had all the right reasons to try and give some of that back. :)