★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Non-Traditional Platformer, Bizarre Protagonist 'Lion Pig' (Universal) $1.99 => Free

12-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Non-Traditional Platformer, Bizarre Protagonist 'Lion Pig' (Universal) $1.99 => Free

A pig with a lion mane!

There is another video in the store. Some puzzle elements and NO jump button (use mushrooms). Diving: Just wait until the animal sinks down. Published two months ago, free for the first time. Recommended!

Quote (dev) from the main thread:

Quote:
The game is not a runner. It's a non-traditional platformer. Here's what I mean. There are no virtual controls. Players control Lion Pig by pressing on the right side of the screen to move right. Pressing on the left side of the screen to move left. Swipe in specific directions to wall jump as well as drop from ceilings. The game has a heavy focus on both horizontal and vertical movement and you use your surroundings to complete levels. It's not a traditional platformer where you have left right arrows and a jump button. It's not designed that way so if you are expecting this then I don't want you to be shocked! It is however, very easy to control as even my buddy's 3-year old can play the game. But hey, don't take my word for it: I'm only the developer who is probably trying to make a buck or two. haha. But no in all seriousness Lion Pig is a fun game with no gimmicks or strings attached. Just a fun platformer with a good amount of content and tons of replay value.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-21-2014, 07:43 AM
One of my favorite games of the year. A great platformer/speed runner that you should download and play immediately!
04-09-2015, 03:35 AM
F R E E again!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
F R E E again!
nice, thank you. been meaning to try this out... I dl'd the free/ lite version a while back, but never got around to it.

Likes: Aerox, Bean Dreams, Cally’s Caves 2, CLARC, Color Zen, Goblin Sword, Impulse, Radiation Island, Shardlands, Super Stickman Golf 2
Game Center ID: MKL085
04-09-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm not playing too many ios games anymore, but I'll give this one a try.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.