★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Help, help, please....

12-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Help, help, please....

Hello,
I am Shelly, I am a game developer. All the games are intended for western mobile gamers, now I have met many problems. I don't know how to do the promotion, could you give me some advices? Or somebody who is familiar with games, please help me! You could tell me the forum and market or other promotion ways! I will be very appreciated about what you tell me!
You can add me via Skype(shellyyu5) or facebook(Shelly Yu), and leave a message me here, thanks! Have a good day!

Last edited by Xiaoxue1993; 12-22-2014 at 01:02 AM.
12-22-2014, 02:46 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to 1stSPIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxue1993 View Post
Hello,
I am Shelly, I am a game developer. All the games are intended for western mobile gamers, now I have met many problems. I don't know how to do the promotion, could you give me some advices? Or somebody who is familiar with games, please help me! You could tell me the forum and market or other promotion ways! I will be very appreciated about what you tell me!
You can add me via Skype(shellyyu5) or facebook(Shelly Yu), and leave a message me here, thanks! Have a good day!

My formula currently is $$$$

It is going to cost you about $2 a download and you may need 10,000 + downloads to get your game to go viral.

12-23-2014, 01:33 AM
It's so expensive, is there any other cheaper ways? Or free way?
12-23-2014, 04:31 AM
Generally, when it comes to marketing at least at the beginning when you are trying to get your unknown app discovered you are going to have to spend some money. The cheapest way to do so is usually forums like these and/or sending email to reviewers and trying to get a game review published.

Zany Bounce- A fast paced 3d pong game
IOS Android WP8 Amazon
12-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Of course I have spent some money to make game reviews and videos. What's more, I submit my games to some games market, and bought some game banners! But it didn't take many users. So I want to try some free methods, hope you can tell me if you know. A s to forum, if I post my game in the free game forum, the admin always banned me. So I hope if someone can do the promotion for me, I will pay for it!
12-25-2014, 12:48 AM
why did they ban you?

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
12-25-2014, 02:50 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to 1stSPIN
Quote:
Of course I have spent some money to make game reviews and videos. What's more, I submit my games to some games market, and bought some game banners! But it didn't take many users. So I want to try some free methods, hope you can tell me if you know. A s to forum, if I post my game in the free game forum, the admin always banned me. So I hope if someone can do the promotion for me, I will pay for it!
Let us know if you find a way that does not require money.
12-26-2014, 02:07 AM
The admin think I am the spammer, they don't allow me to promote my games which is not related to their forum.
12-26-2014, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
why did they ban you?
I have put my game on the google play store, do you have Skype? Would you mind adding me?
12-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Quote:
I have put my game on the google play store, do you have Skype? Would you mind adding me?
Sorry I don't add people I don't know in person.

The people on these forums are very welcome of developers posting games. I find it unlikely they banned you for simply posting your game unless your game is a scam.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited by Destined; 12-26-2014 at 02:50 AM.