★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kyle Hankinson
  • Genre:
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 22.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Remember the good ol days, when files existed locally and were alway at hand even without the internet? Floppy cloud brings those days back!

Floppy Cloud allows you to connect to remove services such as Dropbox or an FTP server and preview your files as well as downloading them locally, so that they are available anytime, even if you are in an are without wifi or cellular services.

psj3809's comments:

If you want a good file manager app then this is well worth picking up. Wont be on the app store for long !!
12-22-2014, 02:48 PM
'My friends' been beta testing this for quite some time.

What you need to do is use a Dropbox account (sign up for a free one).

Once you have a dropbox account if you then have any NES or SMC files (SNES) in a folder you can then load them up with this app

Go to a folder with NES or SMC files in on Dropbox, press the (i) button to the right of the file and you can then 'Open/Delete or Save' the game. If you save it it saves it into your 'local folder' on the app.

So this basically means you can save these files on your device, remember before with that other SNES emulator where you could load games but not save your progress or save them to your device ?

So here you can save the games to your device, you can also save/load states and also in the settings you can use a bluetooth controller like an iCade or others.

This app might not be around for long. Its well worth picking up, for two dollars you have a NES/SNES emulator on your non-jailbroken device forever. REMEMBER to backup the ipa on your computer as if you get a new phone in the future its worth having this ipa saved somewhere as it wont be in the app store in the future.

Save your favourite games to your local folder on this app and then you can play any of these games offline.

A brilliant app !!

12-22-2014, 03:21 PM
PSJ - you are a legend in my house. Works with MFi controllers like a charm. I'm almost in tears. Superstar!
12-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
PSJ - you are a legend in my house. Works with MFi controllers like a charm. I'm almost in tears. Superstar!
Well thanks to the dev big time. I've known about this a while but I've had to remain silent !
12-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well thanks to the dev big time. I've known about this a while but I've had to remain silent !
Made my Christmas. This really is why I love TouchArcade too. Best one pound forty nine I've spent this week.
12-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Quick question, psj. - I have every snes game, I think, in my Dropbox and it works beautifully. To slot them in to work without Dropbox do I just use iExplorer (like iMame and Gridlee)?
12-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Quick question, psj. - I have every snes game, I think, in my Dropbox and it works beautifully. To slot them in to work without Dropbox do I just use iExplorer (like iMame and Gridlee)?
When you view the games in dropbox, press the (I) icon to the right of the game title. Then choose save. Then it's saved to your local folder so you can play it offline

You can probably use iexplorer etc but you can also do it like this. Perhaps save one this way. Them check iexplorer to see where it's saved. Then you could copy the rest there to make it quicker
12-22-2014, 05:05 PM
works beautifully. Showed it to my eldest son who loves Nintendo. He loved it but then ruined it by saying 'does it have game centre?'
Very happy this evening.
12-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Looks like you can add games via iFunBox or similar by coping them to the apps 'Documents/Local' folder. If the folder does not exist, try running the app first which looks to create it.
12-22-2014, 05:58 PM
i've created two folders SNES & NES to have them more sorted, and it works perfect.
i've also managed to use my old saves from MeSNEmu/SiOS, it's just a matter of change the save file name.

shame about the device UI on top that stay on screen in NES emu, did not happen on Lawnmower app, but that's okay, couldn't save on that one.

great app!!!

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 12-22-2014 at 06:01 PM.