★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Impulse! has a solid 5 star rating in USA App Store!

The Impulse! - is not just rethinking a classic of the genre in a new way. Game Impulse is completely new look on a popular arcade games!

Completely different visual style for the each next level, will delight Your sophisticated look. The melodious sound of your actions will immerse You into a fantastic world of incredible shapes. But the most important thing in any game is the gameplay! Try it and you will be carried away in a whirlwind of emotions: excitement, enjoying the beauty and tranquility of the Zen.
Play, collect the pluses, use power-ups, and break to shreds all carefully drawn levels!

Features:

- Two gameplay modes: arcade and tactic
- The gameplay is based on physical laws
- Perfect modern graphics
- 30 do not like each other level
- Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the game sound effects and music
- 14 unique power-ups with the combination
- Many tactical approaches for the effective passage of
- Easy intuitive control
- And many other surprises await You in the game!

Just play and you can be sure that You would like our Game!

- apppicker.com review: "The Impulse! App for your iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone provides users with a really modern take on the classic game. This one is incredibly addictive, offers up a number of unique levels, and is smooth to play."

setixela's comments:
Hi Friends!

This is my first post and my first experience in creating games. After a long time in the work with 3D visualization, I decided to try to apply my skills in game development. 3 years ago, i bought a books about programming for iOS and i was starting programming engine with openGl Es. Six months later, after experiments with engine, i've got understandanding that i want to create the Arkanoid of Dream.

Levels, it was decided to create with 3ds Max and each level must be unique. Most of the time i spent on the creation of levels. Sound design and music in the game was composed by my brother, aka SodiufaS.

Finally, it happened, and i'm ready to show you results of our work. If you are interesting about the game Impulse, you can ask questions, i will answer.

Thank You!

Gameplay video: http://youtu.be/jpmy8L5MTLw
Gameplay video 2: http://vimeo.com/1151137461

Link to the game: https://itunes.apple.com/app/impulse!/id939573083
12-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Gotta say I am impressed with looks of this! Gonna have to pick this up now!

12-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Thank You!
12-26-2014, 01:41 PM
To be honest, I had thought breakout-type games had become played out and boring. However, after trying the free version for a few minutes, anyone can see that this offers a visual style so uniquely stunning, that the eye-candy alone is worth the price of admission. The UI and animation are tweaked just enough to add more flavor to the gameplay that should please the most hardcare of this genre. Great game...I paid for the full game soon after completing the free levels.
12-26-2014, 04:52 PM
More screenshots

12-26-2014, 05:38 PM
To the dev, welcome to the forum! I also wanted to give props to the dreamlike animations in the fore- and backgrounds. Additionally, the soundtrack is absolutely entrancing. I have some questions:

1. Other than the occasional bonuses, are there benefits to catching the falling shards?

2. What exactly is the count in upper lefthand corner? I can have 65 and a minute later, its down to 40. Please explain.

3. Do the "-" signs add any benefit or are they more of a detriment?

4. Can the soundtrack be purchased?
12-26-2014, 05:53 PM
ColeDaddy,

1) Falling shards can have "pluses" and "minuses"
2) It's your pluses counter which you spend to activate bonuses by touch middle of screen
3) Avoid "minuses" because you will lose "pluses" or deactivate last active bonus, and will wreck you gameplay. "Pluses" repair you gameplay.
4) soundtrack is free - https://soundcloud.com/sodiufas/sets...e-ios-game-ost

In the game settings you will find "how to play" button.

Last edited by setixela; 12-26-2014 at 05:58 PM.
12-26-2014, 06:49 PM
I forgot to ask: at the end of each level, there is a "growing heart". Sometimes it fills up the heart-shape, sometimes it doesn't. What does this mean?
12-26-2014, 06:58 PM
ColeDaddy,
It's mean that you've got live if your score > 650 (bottom left corner). Sorry, there is no tutorial in the game.
12-26-2014, 09:04 PM
After finishing the first level and tapping to go in the second it crashes. Nice first level though.
Using iPad 4 with Version 7.1

Add: Ok nevermind, I deleted and downloaded it a second time and plays much faster than before. All seems well and going into the second level. Great game-purchasing!

Adding even later: Wow! Really nice bb game. Love playing this!

Last edited by Coldar; 12-26-2014 at 09:17 PM.