Android games discussion forum?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by fury, Dec 28, 2014.

1. fury

fury Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 2, 2009
    I know this site specializes in iOS gaming, but as popular demand had it, you opened up the Android games forum, which I thought was a great idea. Until it got to be drowned out by announcement threads for every single Android game that comes out. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to know that there are at least four more Flappy Bird clones on Android this week (check it yourself, I kid you not). But it makes it kinda hard to find the actual discussions, and to be honest, there's probably better places to go for those laundry lists than forums anyway. Can there be a separate forum dedicated to discussion (by real members) of Android games/gaming hardware, much like there is one for general iOS gaming discussion?

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I agree; it doesn't seem like anyone really moderates the Android subforum so it gets clogged with filthy spam posts about shill apps. However, it might be had to say that the 1000th Flappy Birds clone doesnt warrant a post. The Android forum could be useful but in it's current state is a mess. It might help to require participants have more than 1 post before creating a thread or implementing some other universal precaution against frivilous apps. I'm surprised the iOS thread hasn't been flooded with developers self promoting shovelware in this manner.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

4. fury

fury Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 2, 2009
    I love you Eli. Can I have your babies?

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Nah my household is a fan of my dual income no kid lifestyle at the moment.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I delete a lot. But if people don't report them I won't alway see all of them

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Many thanks for that. Also kudos to Eli for the new subforum.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Sure! I recommend droidgamers.com. I enjoy it. It's everything Android (kinda like this is with the IOS). Got forums, new games, etc. Sorta young site, isn't as evolved as this one, but scratches the itch and is getting better! Also, there's an app called BAM (Best Apps Market) that's pretty good and has lots of new Android app ideas! See what you think! :D