★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Android games discussion forum?

12-28-2014, 03:08 AM
#1
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 48
Android games discussion forum?

I know this site specializes in iOS gaming, but as popular demand had it, you opened up the Android games forum, which I thought was a great idea. Until it got to be drowned out by announcement threads for every single Android game that comes out. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to know that there are at least four more Flappy Bird clones on Android this week (check it yourself, I kid you not). But it makes it kinda hard to find the actual discussions, and to be honest, there's probably better places to go for those laundry lists than forums anyway. Can there be a separate forum dedicated to discussion (by real members) of Android games/gaming hardware, much like there is one for general iOS gaming discussion?
12-28-2014, 10:51 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,494
I agree; it doesn't seem like anyone really moderates the Android subforum so it gets clogged with filthy spam posts about shill apps. However, it might be had to say that the 1000th Flappy Birds clone doesnt warrant a post. The Android forum could be useful but in it's current state is a mess. It might help to require participants have more than 1 post before creating a thread or implementing some other universal precaution against frivilous apps. I'm surprised the iOS thread hasn't been flooded with developers self promoting shovelware in this manner.

12-28-2014, 12:52 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,704
12-28-2014, 12:53 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 48
I love you Eli. Can I have your babies?
12-28-2014, 12:56 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury View Post
I love you Eli. Can I have your babies?
Nah my household is a fan of my dual income no kid lifestyle at the moment.
12-29-2014, 08:23 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I agree; it doesn't seem like anyone really moderates the Android subforum so it gets clogged with filthy spam posts about shill apps. However, it might be had to say that the 1000th Flappy Birds clone doesnt warrant a post. The Android forum could be useful but in it's current state is a mess. It might help to require participants have more than 1 post before creating a thread or implementing some other universal precaution against frivilous apps. I'm surprised the iOS thread hasn't been flooded with developers self promoting shovelware in this manner.
I delete a lot. But if people don't report them I won't alway see all of them
12-29-2014, 10:04 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I delete a lot. But if people don't report them I won't alway see all of them
Many thanks for that. Also kudos to Eli for the new subforum.
01-02-2015, 10:53 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury View Post
I know this site specializes in iOS gaming, but as popular demand had it, you opened up the Android games forum, which I thought was a great idea. Until it got to be drowned out by announcement threads for every single Android game that comes out. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to know that there are at least four more Flappy Bird clones on Android this week (check it yourself, I kid you not). But it makes it kinda hard to find the actual discussions, and to be honest, there's probably better places to go for those laundry lists than forums anyway. Can there be a separate forum dedicated to discussion (by real members) of Android games/gaming hardware, much like there is one for general iOS gaming discussion?
Sure! I recommend droidgamers.com. I enjoy it. It's everything Android (kinda like this is with the IOS). Got forums, new games, etc. Sorta young site, isn't as evolved as this one, but scratches the itch and is getting better! Also, there's an app called BAM (Best Apps Market) that's pretty good and has lots of new Android app ideas! See what you think!