★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 7 cities strategy

12-18-2008, 10:33 AM
7 cities strategy

Have you finished all campaign level? I am stuck at the last level. I got to wave 31. Do you have any tips?
12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Tried the Hints section under Info on Main Menu?

Try to put your key towers close to where you want your main killzone is. Leveling up is the key here so you want your powerful towers around there. Get Ice Devil for your Tornado Towers and at least 1 Trebuchet.

Hope others can chime in and help you out.

edit: Actually for Map 7, the killzone is obvious. Just don't spread out your towers.

Last edited by Knight; 12-18-2008 at 04:41 PM.

12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Theres a "hints" section under info, i think.

"Insert generic signature here"
12-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Just want to note that you can force attack your long range units by selecting the specific enemy.

iPhone 3G 16GB White | Samsung NC10 | Kodak Z712 IS
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
What really helps me out is to set up pockets of towers in ideal locations. Each pocket contains a tower for each type of enemy, plus the universal Wind towers and Obelisks. Definitely get the Ice upgrade as a priority, as it makes most bosses much easier to take down (two-four seconds of sustained fire from every tower in your kill zone).
12-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I can't believe I bought this game and I have yet to play it... I'm too busy trying to beat my other games before moving on...

I'll be sure to come back when I need some of these tips..

Note: Wouldn't it be nice if we had a strategy section for threads...
12-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Try placing 1 obelisk tower in every section of other powerful towers (those that are already in level 5) they're so helpful
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM
I finished the campaign mode. I got until level 38 without losing a life. as some of you advised, I just concentrate the upgrades in one tower. I built many obelisk and tornado towers. That worked very well.
12-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I've managed to not only finish the campaign mode (easy, normal and hard) quite easily (Sapphire Valley was the hardest to judge using my method), but only using two tower types, Arrow (with Critital Hit skill) and Obelisk (with all four skills behind it, damage and range first).

I've also managed to get to level 170-something on Hard Survival Mode on Map 7 using just those two towers, eventually ending up with a score of 1462450 (submitted). That game lasted a little over 155 minutes!

The trick is to only ever upgrade *one* tower (the arrow one). Get as far as you can in the game using only as few arrow towers as possible (cheap - only cost 25) in their best places and then when it has saved up enough cash, drop an arrow tower *and* an obelisk (with damage skill) somewhere out of the way. As you get more cash, build more obelisks close to each other, but no closer than 2 spaces away from any other type of tower (other than the one you are upgrading). This will give all the obelisks the maximum damage potential. You amass blue gems by initially placing as many cheap arrow towers in the main kill zone as possible - the more you have, the more level-up potential and the more blue gems.

See the screenshot below for the only one I took during the game I described above:

In that picture, the tower I was upgrading was the one on the island next to the city. All the others were at maximum upgraded twice during the initial stages whilst saving up for obelisks. That tower eventually ended up needing 50 blue gems for the next upgrade (yes, 1225 blue gems used on it). The four nearest ones to it were set to the four different skills - the other ones didn't matter what they were set to use as they had no influence on any other tower (because if they did, they'd only take the value of *that* tower, instead of the one I'd been upgrading). You might also note that there is only 5 spaces left on that layout where I could put an obelisk without them losing power. I'd have to sell (for 0 - hard level!) some arrow towers to put more obelisks down after that).

Best of luck!

Last edited by Damager; 12-20-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Spelling...and additional strategy information.
12-20-2008, 09:21 PM
You made 1 post and that was to show off your strategy . Well done.

For version 1.1, Obelisks will no longer be able to leech damage off other Obelisks. Would that be fun or not? Let me know.

Hope you enjoyed the game though. Maybe the update might challenge you even more.

I was thinking of giving each tower some points for pulling off various skill effects (ie. critical, charged bolt explosion, razor collections, fully frozen enemies, berserk hits, etc). Maybe that will get people to not rely on Obelisks so much.

Last edited by Knight; 12-20-2008 at 09:24 PM.