★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Flip is a game about gravity - use it to your advantage! Flip it on or off to reveal new possibilities!

Place and match tiles until the board fills up. Change the direction of gravity to find new matches! Explore different ideas to keep the board clear!

Flip is a little game with big strategy.

Play it at the bus stop, in line at the grocery market, or in the bathroom - we won't judge!

No ads, no in app purchases - ever.

DGH94's comments:

5 promo codes available for breaking into the top 10 hot games!
PM me asking for one, I'd love to have you try Flip!

Hey everyone! Flip is a little game that challenges gravity! Combine tiles and keep the board empty!

It's my first game, and I'll gladly answer any questions you might have about the game, it's development, or me! I joined TA five years ago, and since then have been wanting to create a game, and I finally achieved that!

Happy Holidays!

(Video courtesy of Andy C83, thank you!)
12-29-2014, 09:49 PM
First of all let me state that I have known DGH on TA for about three years and it's a thrill to see a TA member making the transition to game developer. Well done my friend, I know you have been working on games for years now and congratulations on your first child. I wish you all the success in the world.

Now in an unbiased manner let me say that this is a really great and original take on the "Threes" style of play. Similar enough that folks will "get it" quite quickly and yet not a clone in any sense of the word. I found the tutorial to have a charm and quaintness to it. The gameplay was addictive and it was overall fun to play. Challenging enough but never overbearing. I hope others give it a try and find the same appreciation for it!

Well done my friend!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

12-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Congrats on your game release DGH. It's great that you've persevered and got FLIP completed and released. Good on ya. After playing for an hour today, I still wanted to get a better score, and I guess that's the ultimate test of a game.

What's your best score?

řƹȡ1
12-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post

What's your best score?
577... yours?

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
12-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
577... yours?
2285 so far. My new strategy is to set-up dots for merging, but not to actually merge them. That gives me more control over the board. Still, I'm sure others will smash my score apart.

řƹȡ1
12-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
2285 so far. My new strategy is to set-up dots for merging, but not to actually merge them. That gives me more control over the board. Still, I'm sure others will smash my score apart.
Andy will make it look silly.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
12-29-2014, 11:52 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
That's a good strategy Red, I've seen some people use that in testing. In fact, there were four or five strategies that I've seen get really high scores. There is a lot of depth in this little thing - paying attention to some of the smaller details might help.

How are you guys dealing with the different colors?
12-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Any hope for a video? I'm very intrigued. 😎
12-30-2014, 12:00 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Any hope for a video? I'm very intrigued. 😎
Of course! I'll throw one together quickly. Give me a little bit?
12-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGH94 View Post
Of course! I'll throw one together quickly. Give me a little bit?
Looking forward to finding out more about this game...especially if it's from a TAer.