★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ketchapp cross promotion interstitial

12-30-2014, 04:27 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Ketchapp cross promotion interstitial

For those of you who tried Ketchapp's games, you may know that a major reason why their new apps almost always succeed in reaching the top chart is that they push out a 1 time interstitial advertising the new game to all their already published apps, which gets displayed on start up of any other ketchapp app. The same interstitial usually does not appear again afterwards.
I am looking for an identical/similar service but haven't found any. Admob does offer in-house advertising, but I dont show Admob interstitial on entry and I wouldn't be able to tell within the app if the interstitial received is a regular one or an in-house ad I provided. I also wont be able to restrict showing the ad only when a new game is released and when the user didn't see it before.
I am using MonoGame with Xamarin for my apps (C#), released on iOS, Android and WP. Do you know of any service that does what am looking for?
12-30-2014, 05:29 AM
Chartboost has an in house advertising.

It would be pretty simple to make your own and just check a database for a new ad. You would need some coding to check if it had been displayed.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8

01-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Have you considered a managed service?

Retargeting is a pretty common practice but I think to get the optimal ROI you need to push across multiple ad networks and try different tactics - i.e. cross-device targeting, cross-promotion (what you are referring to), and re-engagement campaigns. Adroll is pretty good at that

Last edited by psj3809; 01-05-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Removed his spammy reference
08-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Chartboost has an in house advertising.

It would be pretty simple to make your own and just check a database for a new ad. You would need some coding to check if it had been displayed.
Does Chartboost charge you for your house ads?
09-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Interesting discussion, I am also investigating cross promo ads.

I think cross-promo is free with ChartBoost.

Quote:
Grow your traffic for free! Promote your new titles to the players who already love your other mobile games with free interstitial and mobile video ads.
Also, what ads does Ketchapp typically serve is it iAd or AdMob or other?
09-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_p View Post
Interesting discussion, I am also investigating cross promo ads.

I think cross-promo is free with ChartBoost.

Also, what ads does Ketchapp typically serve is it iAd or AdMob or other?
Ketchapp use AdMob
09-15-2015, 03:41 AM
Thanks good to know. I thought AdMob didn't pay out well...
09-16-2015, 01:41 PM
Good post

thanks I like your post!
09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
I've been experimenting with CharBoost and can confirm you can do the cross-promo free.
02-13-2016, 12:13 PM
Ketchapp coded their in-house ads into their apps.

Just do this in your app too.

But it makes a difference when 60M users see the cross promo or just 1k users.