★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pinball Metroidvania 'I Am Level' (Universal) $1.99 => Free

12-31-2014, 10:54 PM
Pinball Metroidvania 'I Am Level' (Universal) $1.99 => Free

Recommended! Something different here. Full version, no IAPs, no ads. Free for the first time (except a launch sale).

TA review:

Before I say anything, let me give you the warning: this game uses tilt controls. Whoa. Whoa. Just calm down for a minute and donít go kicking and screaming yet. The tilt controls donít involve aiming a targeting reticle or steering a car. Nope. Itís not precision-based chaos. You simply tilt your iPhone left and right to tell your round, yellow smiley face which way to roll.

This game is playful enough to make you want to do just that.
148.Apps.com review

Main TA thread

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-31-2014, 11:13 PM
I really want to like this coz of the game's platforming and puzzle mechanics, but the tilt physics is pretty heavy and annoying that i had to delete it.

01-01-2015, 07:17 PM
I don't usually like tilt for anything but I find it works fine for this... Good control, nice challenge and I like the way you constantly unlock new things and different routes through the rooms.

It's a novel concept and one that might be tough to pull off but this game seems to do it.

Congrats to the Dev... It's a well done and quite original game. Usually when you see a quote like "never seen a game like this one" you roll your eyes... But in this case I'd say the quote is actually right on the money 😃
01-02-2015, 05:39 PM
It looks like Jet Set Willy. I'll try it out for that reason alone,
01-03-2015, 06:53 AM
Great game! Nothing wrong with the tilt controls, I think it works very well.

It's like Sonic Spinball with ZX Spectrum graphics. Thanks for making free
01-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Actually, all Smiling Bag's iOS games are free at the moment. Until Jan 6th.

01-04-2015, 06:05 PM
This game is incredibly good. Controls are great. Fun and challenging, with exploration too. I love it.

I play Glorkian Warrior because I am the Glorkian Warrior.