★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Earth's been invaded! Use jetpacks and guns to battle machines, monsters and alien bosses. Screen is divided into three zones (retreat, advance, and jump/jetpack).

Features:
- ragdoll physics & particle effects
- speed run leaderboards
- supports MFI controllers
- supports landscape and portrait mode
- three hidden giant coins in each world
- two unlockable heroes, and support for importing custom skins
- minigames
- "Fair View" camera skew algorithm ensures consistent lookahead on wider/narrower devices

Stroffolino's comments:

Space Grunt

Easy 8 Software
Genres: Games Action Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Earth's been invaded! Use jetpacks and guns to battle machines, monsters and alien bosses. Screen is divided into three zones (retreat, advance, and jump/jetpack).

Features:
- ragdoll physics & particle effects
- speed run leaderboards
- supports MFI controllers
- supports landscape and portrait mode
- three hidden giant coins in each world
- two unlockable heroes, and support for importing custom skins
- minigames
- "Fair View" camera skew algorithm ensures consistent lookahead on wider/narrower devices

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPad23G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone5
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 28.9MB

01-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Just discovered that the in-game 'rate' button isn't working in IOS8.

Will be submitting an update with a patch, and also some added checkpoints in level 2-1. If anyone spots anything else that could use sorting out, please let me know and I'll try to squeeze it in.

01-02-2015, 03:43 PM
1.1 is submitted, with fix for the rate button, and additional of a few more leaderboards/achievements.

Adding YouTube link to the AppStore trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Stroffolino; 01-02-2015 at 05:51 PM.
01-08-2015, 04:04 AM
Been playing this a little and it's pretty cool. Can't figure out how to import your own skins tho? Any image I try and use doesn't work well some help with what size or type of images were supposed to use would be good.
01-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Pirate View Post
Been playing this a little and it's pretty cool. Can't figure out how to import your own skins tho? Any image I try and use doesn't work well some help with what size or type of images were supposed to use would be good.
I've been sick, but I'll add some sample textures to the support page later today.

Space Grunt is compatible with 64x32 minecraft skins - you can google to find thousands (millions?) of 'em, free for download.

There's a good diagram here showing how they're laid out:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...r-added-detail
01-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
I've been sick, but I'll add some sample textures to the support page later today.

Space Grunt is compatible with 64x32 minecraft skins - you can google to find thousands (millions?) of 'em, free for download.

There's a good diagram here showing how they're laid out:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...r-added-detail
Cool thanks. Enjoying the game it's pretty cool

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
01-08-2015, 10:45 AM
yey it works grabbed a tron one to try it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	82672  

Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
01-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Quote:
yey it works grabbed a tron one to try it out.
The TRON skin looks cool - I have a Captain America one I like. You're doing very well on the leaderboards so far.

It's pretty hard, especially in the later stages. Stage 4-4 has a sequence which makes Flappy Birds feel like a walk in the park, but I'm pleased to see a few people have made it through.
01-08-2015, 02:40 PM
I've come across a slight problem. Level 2-1 I can't get the third coin because I've already got three buddy's following me so when ever I get close to where the third coin is the buddy's are shooting the box and pushing it along blocking the path to the coin? Is there a way to deactivate the buddy's or am i screwed?

01-08-2015, 04:52 PM
It's possible to get that coin even with four buddies. I recommend having laser equipped, rather than spread/pulse.

While approaching that section, you'll see a red coin. Instead of getting the red coins, stay low to the ground, and descend when possible. You'll end up next to a cliff, with the crate above you. Accelerate up full speed, right past the crate, then drop back down where the big coin is. The crate might get hit once or twice, but more often than not you'll be able to avoid blocking the path. If you mess up, you can kill yourself and restart in a convenient place.

I can post a video if needed.

Quote:
I've come across a slight problem. Level 2-1 I can't get the third coin because I've already got three buddy's following me so when ever I get close to where the third coin is the buddy's are shooting the box and pushing it along blocking the path to the coin? Is there a way to deactivate the buddy's or am i screwed?